What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

How heavy does it feel?

Direct quote from his dad on FB last night "It is crazy how light it feels" . But his dad is also is used to full size Harleys.

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Direct quote from his dad on FB last night "It is crazy how light it feels" . But his dad is also is used to full size Harleys.

Honda always seems to hide weight really well.  OTOH, I swear HD tries to make their bikes feel even heavier then they actually are.  Last time I rode a big twin (Fatboy) the front end felt like it was made of cement. 

Edited by 2talltim

5 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Honda always seems to hide weight really well.  OTOH, I swear HD tries to make their bikes feel even heavier then they actually are.  Last time I rode a big twin (Fatboy) the front end felt like it was made of cement. 

As long as the cement is chrome plated, its all good!

On 2/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, Killer_kaw said:

Took the winter to clean it and 7 miles to cover it in road grime. Great to get out though. Only 7 miles to work but 60 to get Home. It was worth it  :banana:

04EAFCE1-3B24-4384-80D2-2C50D6D65F76.jpeg

F8B16FE6-180F-4BDE-8F09-1E26A26E5148.jpeg

Supertrapp on a Kaw........brings back some fond memories!  Ya got about 18 disks on it?

Sweet looking bike, BTW.

Pulled all the shattered plastics off the bandit yesterday in preparation for replacement, also yanked the forks off. Today I tore down both forks and got the gold valves built out and installed in the cartridges. Shim stack was so much smaller than stock that i had to use 3 mm of washers against the head of the cap screw to get everything to seat against the spool. Was going to measure and cut spacers for my sonic springs but my back was screaming pretty loud by the time I got the valves assembled so I'll leave that for another day. Once the spacers are cut and springs installed, I'll replace all the seals, fill with oil and hopefully have a much improved front end/serious selling point on this bike. 

Built my gold valves yesterday.  Anyone ever done that? The new shim stack is a lot thinner than the stock one, had to use 2 washers behind the screw to make up the difference. Next is cutting spacers for the sonic springs and after setting oil height I will have a nice new front end. 

I did gold valves on my triumph, it had a much different washer configuration than stock.  If you followed the instructions from the calculator on their site you should be happy with the results.  I never needed to adjust anything afterwards and it was noticeably better than stock.

Haven't done anything to the bikes in a few months but I did send my car into the shop for a full repaint.  They are working their way through all the dents and wrinkles. I still call myself lucky to have gotten one of the most rust free 1987 Buicks you could hope for.

IMG_20180220_154827832.jpg

• Upvote 1