What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, nebbish said:

Carb came back today, all nice and clean and perfect. Will install and get running on friday probably.

IMG_20180214_105442.jpg

Who did you send it to?  What was wrong with it?

just curious because I'm rebuilding the same carb right now. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Did one of your timers come with a beacon?

I'll pick one up if I ever end up needing one. They are pretty cheap. The guy we bought the timers from said in all the years racing/doing track days, he has never needed a beacon. 

Edited by what

29 minutes ago, nebbish said:

Moto-lab. Let's just call it very poorly maintained.

Mine was pretty rough also. 900 miles in the last eight years. Been sitting too much. Stripped it and soaked it overnight in Pine-Sol and it's good as new.

hopefully putting it back together tonight and with fatter jets  and adjustable needle from the dynojet kit. 

I neednone one of those extended mix screws. 

Edited by max power

Valve adjustment complete and throttle bodies synced. Also cleaned out the cooling system and topped it off with fresh coolant. Got my new radiator guard installed, drained the oil and called it a day. The whole valve adjustment wasn’t nearly as difficult as some make it out to be just take time. Lots of it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Valve adjustment complete and throttle bodies synced. Also cleaned out the cooling system and topped it off with fresh coolant. Got my new radiator guard installed, drained the oil and called it a day. The whole valve adjustment wasn’t nearly as difficult as some make it out to be just take time. Lots of it. 

That's a great day! 

Got the mccruise cruise control wire harness routed/connected, mounted the super awesome cruise control buttons at the left grip, while taking pics of the install.  Only had an hour available for shop time tonight so had to call it quits.  Still need to finish up the wire routing/zip tie process, plug in the cruise computer, then do the pretty simple sounding setup/calibration process.  Hope to get a test ride in this weekend!

1 hour ago, Killer_kaw said:

Got new lines bolted on the Connie. Still gotta fill and bleed. That’s a lot of lines. 11 total. 

84907E5E-421F-45BE-9747-082557070D0B.jpeg

Yours has linked brakes dosnt it?

Mine does not, wonder how many less lines mine has. Still rocking the stock lines on my 08.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yours has linked brakes dosnt it?

Mine does not, wonder how many less lines mine has. Still rocking the stock lines on my 08.

Yep. Linked &ABS. Thinking yours is a 5 line kit. 2012 model is a combination of hard lines and soft. Masters to ABS pump then ABS pump back out to the calipers. 5 of my lines are under the fuel tank. Clutch line is part of the kits as well. Definitely gonna know my way around this thing before winters over. Trying to talk myself into traxxion dynamics suspension. But $$$$$

A few hours spent routing wire harness for the cruise.  This isn't a technically challenging job, but making the install look factory takes time.  This bike has such little space under the seat, tough to find the best route for the harnessm and still be able to reinstall the battery cover and seat.  And, since this is really a prototype kit there are no instructions for harness routing, so I'm taking my time, and snapping pics every step.

But, progress being made...

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Ya think Izzy needed a clutch fluid change?  

20180218_161924.jpg

Izzy must be a Ducati, they are the only bike I have ever seen that messes up clutch fluid that bad.  I do the fluid twice a year on my sportclassic because it ends up looking like that.

22 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Izzy must be a Ducati, they are the only bike I have ever seen that messes up clutch fluid that bad.  I do the fluid twice a year on my sportclassic because it ends up looking like that.

Yup, the '99 900SS.  It was so gross.  That pic was after I dumped the jar once already.  I put new pads on the Duc from @RidersDiscount and changed the brake fluid on the Daytona while I was at it.  Pads were ok on it for now.

• Beer 1

Finally got around to valve adjustment, plugs, oil/filter, fuel filter change, general clean up...  going to drop the forks, flush/change fluid.  new tires and that should do it.  Just need the weather to start co-operating...

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

Started it this morning, was going to ride to work. Then realized I had 0 psi in both front and rear. Super pissed, I should've just called off because now I'm at work, and all I'm thinking about is scheming to run back to my house at lunch to grab it.

21 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I see how it is. The Connie is the Black Sheep of the family and isn't included in the family photos. :nono:

It was parked in the street.  I rode it to Iron Pony to get a part for one of the PW80s.  The Connie does not like the garage. (And it has bags to carry motorcycle parts).