What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

Been keeping an eye out for a not-so-used WR250R to replace my 08.  Found this 2016 Gem with only 50 miles on the clock!!  Thats right, 50 miles!  I think i put the first mudspots on her today!   Anyone looking a mildly worn in 08WR???...ill start listing mine at $3500.  Something like 14k miles.

IMG_20180210_145359136_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Qman said:

Been keeping an eye out for a not-so-used WR250R to replace my 08.  Found this 2016 Gem with only 50 miles on the clock!!  Thats right, 50 miles!  I think i put the first mudspots on her today!   Anyone looking a mildly worn in 08WR???...ill start listing mine at $3500.  Something like 14k miles.

IMG_20180210_145359136_HDR.jpg

Someone just display it in the living room?   That's crazy.  

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

New rotors transferred the original wheel.  Those T40 bolts were a pain to get out, impact to the rescue.  Marvin is a good helper.

20180211_115631.jpg

When I remove rotors from the wheel I take a punch and give each fastener a solid tap with the ball peen hammer to shock the lock tight or corrosion on older equipment. This helps them back out much easier. (YMMV)

Great looking Dog, bye the way.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

When I remove rotors from the wheel I take a punch and give each fastener a solid tap with the ball peen hammer to shock the lock tight or corrosion on older equipment. This helps them back out much easier. (YMMV)

Great looking Dog, bye the way.

Good hint, thanks man.  I'm sure there will opportunities to try that technique soon.

21 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Good hint, thanks man.  I'm sure there will opportunities to try that technique soon.

Hmmm.... probably could have saved a malleable stainless hex head 5mm metric fastener today!  Gonna try a hot air gun tomorrow!  Perhaps some Vise Grips will be required!

YEAH!  My electronic cruise control from https://www.mccruise.com/  came in today!

Goodby throttle lock!  (besides, my favorite vista cruise throttle lock doesn't fit the new heated grips I just installed)

They didn't have a kit for my Super Duke, but they had a kit for the 1090/1190ADV which uses the same canbus TBW system.

I called them up, and they emailed me their drawing for the wire harness.  I compared all the connectors, and then marked up their print with the new wire lengths needed to make the harness fit the super duke.  Within a day, they had the new wire harness made, and shipped the kit to me on Friday.  Arrived today - from Australia!

I promised them I'd document the install, and send them pics so they can write the installation manual - so they should be able to sell kits for SDR's in about  month.

Good people, and they never said "g'day mate".  Kinda disappointing, I may call them back just to ask if he'll say it for me:D

Now I got something to do to the bike this week.  WHOHOOOO

rodehards mccruise.JPG

17 hours ago, Rodehard said:

YEAH!  My electronic cruise control from https://www.mccruise.com/  came in today!

Goodby throttle lock!  (besides, my favorite vista cruise throttle lock doesn't fit the new heated grips I just installed)

They didn't have a kit for my Super Duke, but they had a kit for the 1090/1190ADV which uses the same canbus TBW system.

I called them up, and they emailed me their drawing for the wire harness.  I compared all the connectors, and then marked up their print with the new wire lengths needed to make the harness fit the super duke.  Within a day, they had the new wire harness made, and shipped the kit to me on Friday.  Arrived today - from Australia!

I promised them I'd document the install, and send them pics so they can write the installation manual - so they should be able to sell kits for SDR's in about  month.

Good people, and they never said "g'day mate".  Kinda disappointing, I may call them back just to ask if he'll say it for me:D

Now I got something to do to the bike this week.  WHOHOOOO

rodehards mccruise.JPG

Fair Dinkum mate!

• Beer 1