What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Started tearing into the Connie today and finally found the valve cover. With all the shit I pulled off the bike it’s no wonder why it weighs 700 lbs. 

After youve done it 2 or 3 times it gets easier :lol: 

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Just replaced my 99 accord (265k) this weekend. Was gonna buy a "fun" daily driver but the thought of easy cheap maintenance steered me back to another accord. 

I consider my Accord Coupe a "fun" car. The V6 is not powerhouse and it handles decent. I may have cooked the brakes on 555 one day though...

54 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I consider my Accord Coupe a "fun" car. The V6 is not powerhouse and it handles decent. I may have cooked the brakes on 555 one day though...

I've been spoiled when it comes to fun cars. Any year accord doesn't come close to my fun threshold unless its got a built motor pushing over 500 to the wheel.

But is it a great daily driver that doesn't have the body roll of a Toyota Camry, absolutely.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:55 AM, JustinNck1 said:

Installed some Woodcraft frame sliders and a ASV clutch lever. The eBay seller sent me the wrong brake lever. :nono:

20180129_191755.thumb.jpg.cc851ebb4996110a50d4e955611e2814.jpg

I like those short levers, maybe you should give them a try.  On many of my bikes I've slid the lever mounts inward on the bars, so that just my first two fingers are grabbing the lever near the end.  I do this cuz sometimes the lever will pinch my last two fingers when I pull the lever in.  Depends on the bike/lever geometry etc.

58 minutes ago, Rodehard said:

I like those short levers, maybe you should give them a try.  On many of my bikes I've slid the lever mounts inward on the bars, so that just my first two fingers are grabbing the lever near the end.  I do this cuz sometimes the lever will pinch my last two fingers when I pull the lever in.  Depends on the bike/lever geometry etc.

This is the exact reason I went with the short levers. Also have short levers on my FJR. I hate smashing my ring and pinkie with the lever so the shorts work great. I keep my hands out on the bar ends by habit so they levers are in a good location already.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Just replaced my 99 accord (265k) this weekend. Was gonna buy a "fun" daily driver but the thought of easy cheap maintenance steered me back to another accord. 

sounds like the Asian thing to do

Did I mention I have heat in my shop?!  Love it.  Not crazy cold out, but a little bit of warmth goes a long way toward my motivation.  I think the clutch cover is stupid expensive, but it sure would look cool and is a hell of a lot cheaper than a new clutch and associated engine bits.  Maybe after I figure out how much I owe in taxes this year...

20180201_221114.jpg

20180201_222359.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Hope to never use these tank protectors.  The fit is ok, not great, but looks like they will offer protection should I toss it down the pavement.  Extra thick carbon fiber on the pointy bits seems substantial.

20180202_204038.jpg

20180202_204009.jpg

I bought some R&G racing frame sliders for the connie. Soon as we get some warmer weather I'll start my wrenching. 

2 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

12 of 16 valves out of spec. Cams out and everything measured. Had to order a couple shims. Somehow even with about a hundred shims I was a couple short. Glad I decided to dig into it. 

Damn that was a lot. At 39k miles only 2 of mine were out but just barely. I have 60k now. I wasn't going to check them again till 90 to 100k.

6 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Damn that was a lot. At 39k miles only 2 of mine were out but just barely. I have 60k now. I wasn't going to check them again till 90 to 100k.

I was shocked. Expected to be on the tight side of spec after doing other Kawi 4’s but some were way out. Even all the ones in spec were on the tight side but one. It was perfect. Thought that motor was awfully quiet. 

Opened the new machine up and had a look around.  Need to clean up a lot of threads that have been Hamfisted.  

Battery is a bitch to get to.  Installing battery tender cables tomorrow amongst other things.  

Shes getting new handlebars, tires, tune up n shit.  

IMG_6176.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, max power said:

Opened the new machine up and had a look around.  Need to clean up a lot of threads that have been Hamfisted.  

Battery is a bitch to get to.  Installing battery tender cables tomorrow amongst other things.  

IMG_6176.JPG

Wait, is this new for you?  When did this happen?

6 hours ago, max power said:

IMG_6176.JPG

What year DR650?

24 minutes ago, Danimal said:

looks like an '03

Shawn...need a good seat? I have several to choose from

• Procycle (built by Saddlemen in UK)
  • Sargent low

Also have a stock rear shock with 62 miles on it for sale. If you want fresher for cheap

Also have stock tank in white if your has a problem,

Also have various other small shit so if you need something let me know

And if he doesn't have it, I probably do. So much stuff.

More seriously, how many miles?

1 hour ago, nebbish said:

And if he doesn't have it, I probably do. So much stuff.

More seriously, how many miles?

It's a 2003 with 4300 miles. Not really sure what it's going to need yet. It's in pretty good shape overall it's just been sitting too much.

The only thing I know for sure it needs is tires and I'm open to suggestions. Probably see more back road duty than dirt but I still want it to be plenty capable on dirt

It came with two different seats stock and lowered so I think I'm good there. 

I need to know what thread and pitch the seat bolts are so I can get the proper thread chaser and new bolts.  Fleabay want $15/per bolt.   Not happening 

Will eventually be looking for a cheap slip on.

what other must have upgrades do I need to look into?