What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 degrees this afternoon, snow and ice on the driveway and the street. Nothing to do except clean and lube the chain! Ok I started it up and idled for a bit too, then drove it the 10 feet back into the corner of the garage. Sigh, just a few more weeks right?

• 2 weeks later...

If by "today" we include over the past couple months: Valve clearance check, new plugs, clean all the crap you can't see and/or reach with the airbox installed, replaced dented radiator and complete the goofy air burp procedure, replaced a few little items that got scratched in the low side, sat on the bike and made vroom vroom noises.

PS - I am surprised to be able to report that KTM replacement parts are actually reasonable priced, comparable to Japanese brands.  Even KTM accessories, made by other companies (think soft luggage), are actually lower priced than the same item without KTM branding.  The BMW, on the other hand, parts were priced as if forged from pure gold.

12 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Today the Wife suggested that the Driveway needed to be cleared of snow. I went outside to the garage and got sidetracked. The driveway can wait, It's getting warmer anyway.

P.S. I finally found a usage for the nanny Traction Control option, Playing in the snow.:nono:

Also my Epic Ride Hoodie with no writing on the front. :mad:

That looks like a lot of fun!

Put some front axle sliders on the Duke - judging by the road rash on the axle nut, the PO could have used these when he laid her down.

Got some heated grips, but I only got so far as to take them out of the box and rub them gently.

• Upvote 2

frustratingly (as usual) soldered the new clutch switch to my old pig tail.  finagled all the cleaned switches back into the left switchblock/ then saw that the connector looked burned on one side almost from out-side in but no matching burned wiring. popped a full charged battery in and it started enthusiastically. Rode'er with snowboard pants over my kevlar pants. That worked very well.