What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Pulled fork tube assembly to investigate a static seep of fluid. Cleaned seal with motion pro seal mate and will now check overnight.

100_0820.jpg

At first glance.....swear I read pulled pork.....damn I'm hungrier than I thought :D

Rode it to work so I can take advantage of the nice weather on the ride home. Thinking heated grips or gloves might be a nice addition for 40 degree morning rides. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Washed mine last night. Dropping it at the dealer Saturday. Don't expect to get it back in time to ride again.

Well seeing that the plug to the regulator was melted, I would say that would warrant a harness replacement?

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well seeing that the plug to the regulator was melted, I would say that would warrant a harness replacement?

Yea, I have not looked at it to see if where or if it disconnects from the main. I suspect not. But that is Kawi's problem not mine.  My main concern is what was the underlying problem that caused it. That connector was always marginal, I cleaned it twice a year. I suspect it got worse and overheated and that it will be fine. But who knows. :dunno:

I have confession to make. Against doctors orders I rode the motorcycle twice last weekend and again today. My defense is the weather was so nice I had to ride, it is so great to ride again. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

I have confession to make. Against doctors orders I rode the motorcycle twice last weekend and again today. My defense is the weather was so nice I had to ride, it is so great to ride again. 

That’s awesome. 

4 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Yep. Asked for the evolution flash but Steve called me and suggested his new flash that he just finished up. 

Is that the new flash that combines the evo and engine brake flash that Phil Parker tested for him?

Edited by 2talltim

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Is that the new flash that combines the evo and engine brake flash that Phil Parker tested for him?

That sounds correct. He said it was the evo with a little engine brake added and a reduction for the first 10% of throttle. He's calling it the Mountain Runner flash. Suppose to smooth it out some more in and out of the twisties compared to the evo with the same hp&tq gains, fuel economy and throttle control. Smoothing it out was the reason I wanted the flash. Steve said he wanted to offer the new flash because he would be bringing it to market very soon. That guy really seems to know what he's talking about. Can't wait to get it back.