What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Front Fender, I did not want to scratch or break it and all my shelf are full.:D

I usually tell students to use their head for something other than a hat rack. I guess to hold a fender meets the criteria. 

• Haha 1

been a while since I've jumped in this one.. as I haven't honestly done anything but tweeks to my bikes. but with the sell if the duc Pani-dropper I've had some things going on :p

so.... bought a 2017 Yamaha R6....
 list of things being currently worked on!

Full Graves WORKS Ti Exhaust

Supersport Motor build, Pump gas and MR12 Race fuel tunes

Ohlins 30mil front fork Cartridge kit
Penske Double 8789 Rear shock

Woolich ECU Flash

Translogic Quickshifter

Translogic Autoblipper

Marvic Magnesium Wheels
MotoHolders Subframe
Vortex Clip ons

CRG levers

Vortex Rearsets

Vortex Gas cap

Vortex misc sprockets

Brembo 19x20 master cylinder

Galfer Stainless steel lines, with ABS delete

Vesrah Pads
Brembo Rotors

Woodcraft Keyless ignition 

Woodcraft Case savers

Armour Bodies Bodywork
Custom paint by paul finn

decals by pop shadow

there may actually be more

it's quite the undertaking and my most ambitious one yet...  very excited to get it all together and see how much of a monster she really is, we are shooting for  sub 375# wet and 140 wheel on race gas

big thanks, couldn't be possible without the help of my sponsors for next year.

Turn One Racing, Apex Manufacturing, Sportbike Track Time, Pop Shadow Decals, Vortex, Bridgestone

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

been a while since I've jumped in this one.. as I haven't honestly done anything but tweeks to my bikes. but with the sell if the duc Pani-dropper I've had some things going on :p

so.... bought a 2017 Yamaha R6....
 list of things being currently worked on!

Full Graves WORKS Ti Exhaust

Supersport Motor build, Pump gas and MR12 Race fuel tunes

Ohlins 30mil front fork Cartridge kit
Penske Double 8789 Rear shock

Woolich ECU Flash

Translogic Quickshifter

Translogic Autoblipper

Marvic Magnesium Wheels
MotoHolders Subframe
Vortex Clip ons

CRG levers

Vortex Rearsets

Vortex Gas cap

Vortex misc sprockets

Brembo 19x20 master cylinder

Galfer Stainless steel lines, with ABS delete

Vesrah Pads
Brembo Rotors

Woodcraft Keyless ignition 

Woodcraft Case savers

Armour Bodies Bodywork
Custom paint by paul finn

decals by pop shadow

there may actually be more

it's quite the undertaking and my most ambitious one yet...  very excited to get it all together and see how much of a monster she really is, we are shooting for  sub 375# wet and 140 wheel on race gas

big thanks, couldn't be possible without the help of my sponsors for next year.

Turn One Racing, Apex Manufacturing, Sportbike Track Time, Pop Shadow Decals, Vortex, Bridgestone

You tracking it?

2 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

100% a track bike, I will keep the stock fairings for a little while... maybe... but I honestly doubt if the bike ever sees a singe street mile

Yeah yeah, I was messing with you.  Still using those leathers I bought from you a couple years back, btw!

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, durk said:

Last week I discovered I trashed the transmission in my kfx450r. I pulled the motor on Sunday and started working my way to the transmission tonight. 

QFlVR6x.jpg

Getting close but need to locate a flywheel puller. 

Durk, I have a kit with multiple pullers of difference sizes you are welcome to use. I have a check-up at "The James" in Columbus on Monday the 9th. at 11:00 I don't know where you live or work but as long as it's not to far away in the hood we could meet up.

8 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Durk, I have a kit with multiple pullers of difference sizes you are welcome to use. I have a check-up at "The James" in Columbus on Monday the 9th. at 11:00 I don't know where you live or work but as long as it's not to far away in the hood we could meet up.

Thanks for the offer Brian. I live in no mans land AKA Jefferson,OH in Ashtabula county. No where near Columbus or any city for that matter. I pulled the flywheel with a 3 jaw puller. Ruined the flywheel in the process, but it's off now. What's an extra $200 on the rebuild right? I feel like a moron. My buddy told me once before we have to pay for our education at times. I guess this is 1 of those times. 

Replaced the OEM Bridgstone battlewings today for a set of Mitas Eo7 Dakar's for the Adv ride this weekend.

The rear 502 has 3 months/4221 Miles and not much left on the center for any gravel/dirt traction.

O yea, I mowed the lawn also.

image.png.f9a58b618da59536713591bde510d9cf.png

image.png.bfa893ce49430a12f0a2ab8e14540eb1.png

Went to Iron Pony for the first time. That place is insanely huge!!!! I sat on a bunch of bikes, atvs, side x sides, pretty much everything. 

I hate to say it but there was a nice Indian cruiser i could actually see myself riding if i ever got a street bike again. 

2 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Went to Iron Pony for the first time. That place is insanely huge!!!! I sat on a bunch of bikes, atvs, side x sides, pretty much everything. 

I hate to say it but there was a nice Indian cruiser i could actually see myself riding if i ever got a street bike again. 

It's dangerous working 8 minutes away.  I have pissed more $$$ away during lunch at IP than I care to admit.

11 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

It's dangerous working 8 minutes away.  I have pissed more $$$ away during lunch at IP than I care to admit.

Same here.  It's on my way home from work.  Dangerous place to stop when you have money in your pocket.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Changed the oil in the SV last weekend. It needed it. Need to flush the water out of the 1k before it gets too cold.

Thread is what did you do to your bike TODAY.

SEO for 280 miles.

• Beer 1

Rode the bike to work today. The ride in was a bit chilly, but ride home was great to forget about high schoolers. Continued my work on piecing back together my quad. I put the case back together the other night. Tonight I put in the oil pumps and the gears that drive them. I also installed the balancers and the primary drive gear. Thankfully I took a look at the starter clutch that came with the used flywheel I purchased on EBay. It was trashed so I swapped it with the one I had in my flywheel I broke. Hopefully I will have everything pieced back together soon and I’ll just be waiting on the piston and cylinder to arrive. 

• Upvote 2