What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took her to the kart track

20170917_100232-L.jpg

I can't believe there are not more bikes here. $30 and I had the track completely to myself for 2 hours. I could have ridden for another 2 hours alternating every 10 min.

I am slow at the track and it is hard work but it was fun working alot of tight corners. That is a great track.

Watched the bikes on the big track for awhile. Still amazed how fast the track day bikes run.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Motor oil change, transmission oil change, air filter change, and new rear tire on the CRF.  I am now ready for 3 days off riding at Hatfield McCoys next weekend.

Take it your knee is back to 100%. Have you ridden Hatfield before?

1 hour ago, durk said:

Take it your knee is back to 100%. Have you ridden Hatfield before?

My knee is back to 100%.  I haven't been to Hatfield yet. One of my friends that organized the trip has been there.  It should be a lot of fun.   I do not intend to not get in over my head with any of the really tough trails.  

Have you ridden it? (If so, any advise?)

20 hours ago, CBBaron said:

Took her to the kart track

20170917_100232-L.jpg

I can't believe there are not more bikes here. $30 and I had the track completely to myself for 2 hours. I could have ridden for another 2 hours alternating every 10 min.

I am slow at the track and it is hard work but it was fun working alot of tight corners. That is a great track.

Watched the bikes on the big track for awhile. Still amazed how fast the track day bikes run.

Location?

• Upvote 1

Just now, mello dude said:

Location?

PittRace near Beaver PA. It is just over an hour on the Turnpike for me. About 1.5 hrs from Cleveland. 

I believe G & J Kartway near Dayton and Circleville Raceway south of Columbus also allow bikes to run.

The kart tracks are inexpensive and have minimal tech requirements. With the slow top speeds accidents are not nearly as dangerous as the big track. 

I rode my bike to the track. Removed the mirrors paid $30 and started riding. I think the other tracks are even cheaper.

16 turns in .82 miles gives a good workout :D

@Connie14I have ridden at 2 trailheads on Hatfield. I rode Rockhouse and Bear Wallow I believe we're the names. I ride a quad off road. I'm not sure which 1 you're going to. If it's Rockhouse, it is appropriately named- rocky, rough, and hard on your machine. Bear Wallow is no paved road by any means, but it it is not as rough. I enjoyed both places. I'm no extreme hill climber but I felt comfortable on all the black trails. I don't believe I tried any of the black/red. I went in with the same attitude you're approaching it with. I'm sure you'll have a good time. It's been awhile since I've been there I'm kind of jealous. 

I remember my first time I went to Hatfield McCoy(early 2000's we stayed in Gilbert, WV). Rockhouse is definitely rockiest of all the trailheads. We used to go to the Little Coal River Trailhead, which is now closed. @Connie14 print and laminate a map of whichever trail system you're going to ride, it makes it nice being able to glance at the map.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I remember my first time I went to Hatfield McCoy(early 2000's we stayed in Gilbert, WV). Rockhouse is definitely rockiest of all the trailheads. We used to go to the Little Coal River Trailhead, which is now closed. @Connie14 print and laminate a map of whichever trail system you're going to ride, it makes it nice being able to glance at the map.

Thanks!  I will definitely print one off.  We are headed over to the Buffalo Mountain trailhead near Williamson. 

Rode it to work. When I got home I had an hour to change the rear tire. I managed to get the tire mounted and clean up the swingarm before I went to watch my daughters' volleyball games. Tomorrow I hope swap out the front tire before another volleyball game. I got 6000 miles out of pilot road 2s. That's 3 times the mileage I got out of a set Q3s. I'm giving Roadsmart 3s a shot this time. I could not pass up the $100 rebate and the stellar price Mike @RidersDiscount gave me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, durk said:

Rode it to work. When I got home I had an hour to change the rear tire. I managed to get the tire mounted and clean up the swingarm before I went to watch my daughters' volleyball games. Tomorrow I hope swap out the front tire before another volleyball game. I got 6000 miles out of pilot road 2s. That's 3 times the mileage I got out of a set Q3s. I'm giving Roadsmart 3s a shot this time. I could not pass up the $100 rebate and the stellar price Mike @RidersDiscount gave me. 

Interested to see if the RS3's come close to living up to their claims!

11 hours ago, durk said:

2 hours ago, Qman said:

Just spooned on RS3s last week and did the ROAR ride with them this weekend. As far as handling and grip they are on par with everything else. They seem to give more road feedback than I am used to but that's not a bad thing just a learning curve. The turn in is quicker than any other tire I have ever ran. That big heavy bitch just dropped into the corners. These tires are heavier than any other tire ive ran too. Not saying that's a bad thing either if they end up lasting longer than what I normally get I think that will the reason. A heavier carcass will disperse heat better and give better wear hypothetically speaking so we will see how that goes.  So for now the $247(after $60 rebate) I have in the set on the bike I think I'll be more than happy with them. I have a second set sitting in the garage I bought on the $100 rebate for $207 so that should get me through late spring anyway.

Edited by 2talltim

13 hours ago, Qman said:

I got caught in a little bit of rain on the way home today from work. I only had the rear RS3 on. It seemed to grip well in the wet. I spooned the front on tonight. I hope to ride to work again tomorrow and see how the bike handles.

@2talltim I would recommend you check with Mike next time for the RS3 if you go with them again. I think you've mentioned you get tires from Rocky Mountain. I have done the same in the past, but Mike has given me better deals. 

1 hour ago, durk said:

I got caught in a little bit of rain on the way home today from work. I only had the rear RS3 on. It seemed to grip well in the wet. I spooned the front on tonight. I hope to ride to work again tomorrow and see how the bike handles.

@2talltim I would recommend you check with Mike next time for the RS3 if you go with them again. I think you've mentioned you get tires from Rocky Mountain. I have done the same in the past, but Mike has given me better deals. 

I've checked with him a few times and said he can't touch thier price. But maybe things have changed. The sets i got were $307 delivered before rebate and that's for a 190-55 rear.