What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

This was taken 2 days ago but I rode it to Little Switzerland and back.  The trip was scheduled to keep going down to the dragon but a pesky hurricane messed up those plans and ended up riding home a bunch early.

21728640_10212367235488808_4266733736519

What did you think of that thing?  This was on top of a short list of bikes I was eyeballing season before last......just couldn't swallow that price tag

3 hours ago, Helmutt said:

What did you think of that thing?  This was on top of a short list of bikes I was eyeballing season before last......just couldn't swallow that price tag

I'm impressed with it.  It will certainly be a long term ownership. The Pikes Peak has the Ohlins suspension and a bunch of carbon fiber parts the base models don't have.  Headlights are better than most cars.  I've added the saddle bags, running lights, Garmin gps, Termignoni full race exhaust and a couple parts that are more for pretty than actually needed like a quick release gas cap, billet brake/clutch levers and I changed it to GP shift so it matches my other 2 bikes. 

It averages right around 40-43mpg in the twisties and I was seeing 50mpg on the highway.  Not bad for a bigger bike that puts 147hp and 103ftlbs to the back tire.  The low carbon windscreen gets really loud above 75mph, I haven't tried the standard taller clear screen that came with the bike to see how it sounds on the highway.  Nothing else really jumps out as a bad thing about the bike other than the price. 

• Beer 1

Mounted my RS3s 

20170912_175852.thumb.jpg.2713fa85fd15f6e5c2877b25c2b10f24.jpg

And broke my nomar..

20170912_160448.thumb.jpg.e649d7e24a7afab2c4e70846aa72bd36.jpg

Called no-mar and they said they have never seen that before and I should nit have been able to break that. They are going to send me a e tore new rear post and knuckle. The guy said they do I little bit of QC testing on them and the only way they have gotten one of these to break was to run it over with a fork lift. 

I was able to pound it back into place to finish the job bit this is the part that came out.

20170912_181724.thumb.jpg.37e0c1520bea1d9d50059dc870231a4f.jpg

10 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I'm impressed with it.  It will certainly be a long term ownership. The Pikes Peak has the Ohlins suspension and a bunch of carbon fiber parts the base models don't have.  Headlights are better than most cars.  I've added the saddle bags, running lights, Garmin gps, Termignoni full race exhaust and a couple parts that are more for pretty than actually needed like a quick release gas cap, billet brake/clutch levers and I changed it to GP shift so it matches my other 2 bikes. 

It averages right around 40-43mpg in the twisties and I was seeing 50mpg on the highway.  Not bad for a bigger bike that puts 147hp and 103ftlbs to the back tire.  The low carbon windscreen gets really loud above 75mph, I haven't tried the standard taller clear screen that came with the bike to see how it sounds on the highway.  Nothing else really jumps out as a bad thing about the bike other than the price. 

That bike would get me in trouble very quickly. Test rode one years ago.  I love it.  But I would be dead in short order.

8 hours ago, Danimal said:

Doesn't look broken to me. Looks like something became unthreaded from that lower petal insert

The picture of the pedal insert was after I pounded it back in. It's what came out. The guy from nomar said they are pressed in with a 10 ton press and he's never seen one come out before and I should not have been able to just hammer it back in. So they are taking care of me, I was able to finish the job so no harm no foul right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

The picture of the pedal insert was after I pounded it back in. It's what came out. The guy from nomar said they are pressed in with a 10 ton press and he's never seen one come out before and I should not have been able to just hammer it back in. So they are taking care of me, I was able to finish the job so no harm no foul right now.

Good deal man.  Like we'd discussed, it's definitely a new design compared to my 3 yr old classic, but at least they're making it right.  So, NoMar still equals winning

14 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

It has More torque than my bikes hp, dayuuuummmmm that's gotta be fun. 

Took a spin around my neighborhood in the Hock area. 328,56,278,691,595,93 all wet this am but many have grass and dirt from the ROW mowing that's getting completed before the fall deadline. this should be washed off for the week end and will open up the roads a little. Derek's corner at 56/356 is not finished yet but they are working on it. again I asked for more run off and sand traps but they just looked at me with that bent head tilt look.

52 sec clip of intersection.