What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the windscreen in finally today. Mounted and quick spin to see how it works. Does ok and looks good so all in all happy with it.

Also added straps to hold tail bag more stable. I Got milk the other day and it shifted and pulled bag over to my left side.

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

4 minutes ago, Danimal said:

washed Merry to prepare for valve adjustment. Next week 5 day RX3 Rally in WV

mounted new (used) Renthal CR highs and 2" risers on Sunny. Preparing to take her to friend's place to begin teardown/rework.

Did they ever figure out what was wrong with your wheels? Apologies if you had discussed it previously. 

Edited by cmh_sprint

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

rims were drilled backwards. Guy that laced and trued them didn't realize that and (I guess) assumed the bike was right hand drive.

Have new wheel now, and they made good on the mistake (outside of the lost vacation time I guess)

Wow! After everything you had to go through for then to make them in the first place. At least they made it right to some degree. 

On 8/9/2017 at 5:51 PM, Xsr900Rider said:

Attached tail bag. Not sure if it is big enough for my dslr camera but should be ok for rain gear water, and some other olds and ends if nothing else.

Is that a saddleman?

I just ordered and put on a SW Mototech tank bag.  Wish I could find a weekend trip size tail bag that fits the R1.  The pillion seat is sooo tiny of a footprint.

3 minutes ago, mojocho said:

Is that a saddleman?

I just ordered and put on a SW Mototech tank bag.  Wish I could find a weekend trip size tail bag that fits the R1.  The pillion seat is sooo tiny of a footprint.

Pretty happy with my SW Motech EVO city with quick release tank ring.!  But they arent cheep!

21 minutes ago, mojocho said:

Is that a saddleman?

Yes it is the saddleman wide sport tunnel bag and I was wrong that thing is plenty big enough for anything I want to bring. Hell it fit gallon of milk and some other groceries one night. I did add straps to the bottom rings underneath and ran to the subframe because with weight it was shifting side to side but now seems very stable.

They do make a smaller version that might fit.

Edited by Xsr900Rider
  • Thanks 1

Cleaned up the way I powered my devises. Ran all my power cords down the bars to below the fairing instead of having everything plugged into the power outlets on the dash. Looks so much cleaner. And now I have 2USB and a 12volt outlet on the dash to use as a back up .

Multi meter in in my phone mount as a reference for the picture since I needed my phone to take the pic.

20170812_120228.thumb.jpg.487cc6277b2e25c9b7b8bafec2e9ef2c.jpg

• Like 1

Got the mean streak cleaned up from the gap trip. One of my exhaust studs busted off going down the skyway. The leak had the pipes shooting flames about 2 feet according to the guy behind me. I unused a big ass hose clamp to hold it together till I got home.  There was just enough stud left to weld a nut on for removal. Replaced all the studs and hardware and new gaskets. Seems every time I head south something's gonna break.  

Never a dull moment in this garage. Steering felt a bit notchy so I took a peek. All the rain on the gap trip musta got in the stem there wasn't much grease. I think I caught it quick enough to save the bearings. Gonna grease it good and give it a shot. 

IMG_2766.JPG

Edited by Killer_kaw

22 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Decided to test fit my dry bag on the FJR. Looks like it will work just fine. Now if I ever decide to get camping gear...20170822_170433.thumb.jpg.dc3b805659a948197ed875d42c6a2ffd.jpg

Looks good. I'd say you'd have plenty of room with all that storage for a nice camping trip.

not today but the day before yesterday.

threw a rod on the 750 triumph triple. the right side rod is famous for hanging out of the cases if you push it too hard. i had about five miles at 6000 rpm on I-70 and that did it in. time to start pricing new cranks.

thrown rod.PNG

2 hours ago, dorset said:

not today but the day before yesterday.

threw a rod on the 750 triumph triple. the right side rod is famous for hanging out of the cases if you push it too hard. i had about five miles at 6000 rpm on I-70 and that did it in. time to start pricing new cranks.

thrown rod.PNG

Ouch!   How many miles did it take to kill the Brit?

it only has something like 14,000 miles on it, but these things are famous for an inadequate oil system that gets worse over time if you don't sacrifice enough goats.

only took about five miles at 90 mph to heat the crank enough to seize the rod.

Edited by dorset

8 hours ago, dorset said:

it only has something like 14,000 miles on it, but these things are famous for an inadequate oil system that gets worse over time if you don't sacrifice enough goats.

only took about five miles at 90 mph to heat the crank enough to seize the rod.

Adds to the myriad of horror stories I've heard about Triumph reliability.  I'd be very afraid to buy one...and I have a BMW!!!!