What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode 200 miles today. No headset or distractions, just good ole wind therapy. I havent road without atleast music olaying for awhile. It was nice to just shut off the world and blast through backroads. Got back to the house and swapped out rear tires for a ride tomorrow.

Out the door at 515 this morning, got gas and out of town by 530. Nice morning out on the bike solo. Riding buddy didn't go this time as he spent the day off road at Wayne yesterday which is why I got out so early. Once I woke up I was out the door.

IMG_1095.PNG

Hit the Pony yesterday and picked up a new old stock bridgestone s20 for the rear, front is good for at least two more seasons more or less. Re-installed the wheel today with my son manning the rubber mallet. Set the chain tension, clean and lube, then parked my ass on the couch for the afternoon. Found my practice cones, going to take the new tire to a parking lot nearby and scrub it in.

I took a ride north of CBus.  It was one of those rides where I just headed out and got lost.  I think that I was about an hour or so from home (and headed the wrong direction) when I finally gave in and turned on Google Maps for some guidance.  It was a non-technical clear the head kind of day.

• Beer 1

When I came into the garage after mowing the lawn yesterday the sun was just right to see into my tailpipe. 

NO! not THAT tailpipe - the one where the sun DOES shine. 

Anyway, you don't have to be a motorcycle proctologist to see there's something wrong in there.

ExhaustEndView.jpg

Debating on a tail bag. Be nice to have a place for water, camera, rain gear, etc... only thing I'm wondering on is if 15" long is going to cause issue with the XSR taillight. May just have order and find out. I got 14" from passenger seat to top of light, but I'm hoping maybe the center would ride perfectly on top of light.

IMG_1094.PNG

Just now, 2talltim said:

Wasn't there any fiberglass in there?

Yeah, destroyed it pushing the front flange out from the back side.  It probably needed a repack anyway, it's 12 - 14 years old.  At least now I know why it was starting to sound ratty!

I've already contacted Dale Walker at Holeshot for new packing and repair parts.  For now I'm planning to put it back together w/o packing and with aluminum rivets until the right stuff gets here.

I picked up a 1-3/4" exhaust pipe coupling at AutoZone at lunch today to make a sleeve for the broken core.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Xsr900Rider said:

Debating on a tail bag. Be nice to have a place for water, camera, rain gear, etc... only thing I'm wondering on is if 15" long is going to cause issue with the XSR taillight. May just have order and find out. I got 14" from passenger seat to top of light, but I'm hoping maybe the center would ride perfectly on top of light.

I went through that debate last night figuring out which to order.  It sucks trying to get it right.  Did you google XSR tailbags?  Gotta be a bunch of threads and pics from other people that have gone there before you.  That is how I narrowed it down.

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I went through that debate last night figuring out which to order.  It sucks trying to get it right.  Did you google XSR tailbags?  Gotta be a bunch of threads and pics from other people that have gone there before you.  That is how I narrowed it down.

Yeah I did some googling but seems most people choose a really tiny bag which doesn't hold much. I think I'm going to order this and worse come to worse return if it can't work. What did you end up going with?

2 minutes ago, Xsr900Rider said:

Yeah I did some googling but seems most people choose a really tiny bag which doesn't hold much. I think I'm going to order this and worse come to worse return if it can't work. What did you end up going with?

I went with the Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport.  It will fit pretty well width and length on the Fizzer plus it attaches under the seat so I don't have straps all over the place.  Nelson has one a size bigger than the one I got but it was too big.  The Corbin came in a close second.  

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/cl-series/sport-tail-seat-bag-detail.html

On 8/6/2017 at 0:48 PM, 2talltim said:

Reliability results vary with those, usually not good. I'll stick with good old faithful AGM

I have three of them. Oldest one from season before last. No issues

Got the meanstreak cleaned up and starting to go through it before Friday's gap trip. Gonna be damn hard to take the cruiser on the trip. Thinking I better have the zrx ready to go as well. There may be a last minute change of plan.