What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Last two day's I been Installing a Full Arrow Exhaust, Pwr.Cmd.V, HealTech Exhaust Servo Eliminator, X-Tre Power Box and most important, Heated grips.

Power on checks, mapping and test flog completed.

Still must wire in the Heated Seat and ABS cut-off switch.

V-2.jpg

I'm assuming it was you waving at us on 70 Saturday? White and black ADV bike heading west. 

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

Sorry, no I70 for me. Not much of a waver, I just nod a little.:(

Someone was really waving at us. 

Maybe we're secret famous. 

Also, added about 6-8oz of oil to the CBR to keep it nice and topped off. 

Edited by what

Broke down and ordered a windscreen. Less for wind as I really don't mind that at all but I'm tired of having to clean my visor constantly becuase after and hour it is covered due to the amount of bugs I catch.  Hoping this will be just enough.

IMG_1089.PNG

• Beer 2

On 8/1/2017 at 10:30 PM, durk said:

Rode it with @NinjaDoc and had a blast even though he left me in his dust on 536. 

i think u always hated 536 and having mental block coz every other road ur flying, i thought i was doing well on 536, just watched the video doesnt look like that much aggressive. But then again 536 is such a beautifully crafted yet atrocious mental fun road that top speed and raw acceleration doesnt count much i guess. all bout conserving momentum and being smooth.  

536 screws  with my head. The hill pops and blind corners then you hit a cobble stone river that flows across the road and it screws with my mojo even more. It's a beautiful road and if I could memorize it I'd love it, but don't get down there that much. Ask @LINK half way through it I was really off my game especially after the second gavel wash.

Very true, I was really getting into some sort of rhythm during our ride, but every time I start to hit a high note the debris on road just puts a full stop on it. I always slowed down and made sure the guy behind me coming around corner saw me slow down and saw the crap on road before I take off again. I started doing that with durk as well, then I thought I really trust him to ride his ride, so started stepping into the other lane to skip those debris and not slowing down much. But still it psychs you out. Two three more runs and I will remember the road Ike my hand :D 

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

i think u always hated 536 and having mental block coz every other road ur flying, i thought i was doing well on 536, just watched the video doesnt look like that much aggressive. But then again 536 is such a beautifully crafted yet atrocious mental fun road that top speed and raw acceleration doesnt count much i guess. all bout conserving momentum and being smooth.  

I don't necessarily hate 536. It's just a challenge for me. I'm just not comfortable with it. As a school teacher I know what my homework assignment is. Ride that road as much as I can until I've memorized it like 4th grade math facts. Then leave you searching for my taillight next time as I kept looking for yours. ?

27 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I actually enjoy 556 just as much if not more. It's a little more open and less tight and technical.

556 is a awesome race track love that road, good way to relax after 536 full focus. In 556 I was almost WOT the entire stretch. Except for the pipe work related breaks 

2 minutes ago, durk said:

I don't necessarily hate 536. It's just a challenge for me. I'm just not comfortable with it. As a school teacher I know what my homework assignment is. Ride that road as much as I can until I've memorized it like 4th grade math facts. Then leave you searching for my taillight next time as I kept looking for yours. ?

Haha :) that day was just a fluke Rick. To be honest it's better not to follow peeps on 536 on a fast ride because that messes your rhythm more. And I think this will be one road where after we memorize it, it will still be fun and not boring like other roads have become. 83 almost feels like a slab these days. 

6 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Haha :) that day was just a fluke Rick. To be honest it's better not to follow peeps on 536 on a fast ride because that messes your rhythm more. And I think this will be one road where after we memorize it, it will still be fun and not boring like other roads have become. 83 almost feels like a slab these days. 

I just watched your ride video. So you can say what you wanna say, but I now know your secrets(not sure what they are really). Next time we ride that road it's on. No time trials like Tonik spoke of either it's straight up grudge match on the street. Don't worry I don't plan to be following you. I plan to stuff you in a corner and see you at the end, off my bike taking pics as you were. Totally joking btw, because my guess is it will be the same result as Tuesday. Me tensing up going where the heck does this road go as I crest a hill and head through the next blind corner at a turtle's pace. 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, durk said:

I just watched your ride video. So you can say what you wanna say, but I now know your secrets(not sure what they are really). Next time we ride that road it's on. No time trials like Tonik spoke of either it's straight up grudge match on the street. Don't worry I don't plan to be following you. I plan to stuff you in a corner and see you at the end, off my bike taking pics as you were. Totally joking btw, because my guess is it will be the same result as Tuesday. Me tensing up going where the heck does this road go as I crest a hill and head through the next blind corner at a turtle's pace. 

I STILL do that and I've ridden a majority of these roads MULTIPLE times..and they're my backyard...