What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Ooh.. analog tach. The 2004 had a digital unit that I didn't care for. 

Have had a few peeps mention that. The overall opinion is that the digital one sucks. I would imagine it would change numbers all the time and be distracting....and harder to register the number with a quick glance.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long over due front fork rebuild with heavier springs from Race Tech, seals and oil, a sag set adjustment, new brake pads front and rear, front master cylinder rebuild and finally a fresh set of new Dunlop Roadsmart II's.  Many thanks to @Isaac's Papa for all your help on everything but the Master Cylinder rebuild.  I am now ready for my track day on Saturday.  I can't wait.  She's like brand new again and runs great!!!

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2017 at 10:45 PM, Tonik said:

Did an Iron Butt on the couch, it was a blast. The rally does not look like fun at all.

Seems very dangerous to me.   Ive done 950 in a day, didnt care to do the extra 50!

51 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Dangerous?  :confused: :dunno:

In many states it's illegal to have a "scavenger hunt" using public roadways, because they are considered unsafe.  I view the IBR as a big scavenger hunt.

2 minutes ago, Qman said:

In many states it's illegal to have a "scavenger hunt" using public roadways, because they are considered unsafe.  I view the IBR as a big scavenger hunt.

It's also illegal to pass on a double yellow, but I may have seen some people do that a time or two :D. Motorcycling isn't a safe sport, and I agree this is more dangerous than normal riding. IMO, not because of the scavenger hunt aspect, but the fatigue of the riders of riding 20+ hours for 10 days straight.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Qman said:

Seems very dangerous to me.   Ive done 950 in a day, didnt care to do the extra 50!

You aren't a long distance rider or an accomplished rally rider.  So yes, it would be very dangerous you and most normal riders, but the IBR folks aren't normal riders. 

Edited by PhilD'oh!

I've done a 1100 mile day and several 900 plus mile days. No big deal really you just have to have a plan and do it. Now they guys that do back to back days are a different breed. Not saying I couldn't do it I just wouldn't enjoy it so I won't.

Yea, I was referring specifically to the rally.  Very dangerous for if you aren't properly prepared, which is why there's a screening process and you have to be selected.  Those folks spend years in preparation. 

Edited by PhilD'oh!
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

56 in a 55 is illegal.

Just trying to point out that others see it as dangerous as well, enough to pass legislation.  (Please, lets not get into an mud-sling discussion about laws, responsibility, cops...blah blah blah...etc!)  

So it didn't work on my bike today but I did have to work on my helmet specifically my Sena 10U. Wednesday when me and the wife left for the bike night and grab my helmet off on my workbench and it was still plugged into the USB charger and I yank the son of a bitch hard. It pulled apart the entire battery pack and charger assembly. I got it the click back together before we left and powered it up and everything seemed to work fine but today when I went to plug it in and charge it it would not charge. So I took it apart to see what was going on and it obviously I had bent the charging port and pulled some terminals out of the circuit board. Did finally get it to charge with a little bit of soldering but not without having a clamp holding it together so thre is still a short some place.  Filed a claim with Sena will see if they take care of me or not. Really they don't have to because it was my fault but I hope they do. 

20170721_141505.thumb.jpg.46ef141f617219d5858097b352244345.jpg20170721_133220.thumb.jpg.0b73c6e01af25afa3004fc2143485e28.jpg20170721_161755.thumb.jpg.a9a64f84f52eeb3f4c86a27d7693c414.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

So if I get this fixed I'm going to buy a donut for the helmet and when it's plugged in it will be upside down. Because when it's plugged in and sitting upright you cannot see the charger cable. Maybe my dumb ass won't do that again

34 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I can chew some miles, especially now that I'm in better physical condition. I don't even feel sore after 400+ miles on the Supersport these days. It's pretty cool to notice the increased endurance, and I was doing 500 mile days (all two-lane) when I was my heaviest. Granted, that's on the Multistrada. I did the SS1k on the Multistrada a few years ago. I just never turned in my paperwork. (too fat and lazy) 

I'd like to do it again, but I don't know about multiple days. I was pretty mentally fatigued after the SS1k. To the point of almost crashing because I forgot to put my feet down at a stop light. I don't care to think about the preparation involved in the big rally rides. I mean, you get to train on a motorcycle, so that's cool. The rest of it seems terrible. 

Same here my paper work is still in the folder @Tonik put together for us when we did the run. Didn't really care if I sent it in. I did it, i know I did it. Didn't need to pay a organization to confirm i did. I might do another one day. One time I did 940 miles of 90% 2 lane twisty roads. I was more proud of that than I was of the 1100 IB

33 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Lol... when I was a teenager I started noticing some of this stuff at Summit Racing. Cherry exhaust and whatnot. Even at 17, which is an age I try to forget because I did a LOT of dumb fucking shit as a kid, even then I had enough class to know you either supe' that bitch up and run CAM2 or you were a poser with Cherry exhaust and a slant six. 

Alot of the race car guys will run scents when running alcohol. Root beer or grape is my two favorites...