What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Road to work, hoping to stay dry this afternoon. Probably should invest in a waterproof laptop case before my work laptop gets soaked one day. I also messed with my suspension a little bit more the yesterday and I think it is finally dialed in just how I like. Now need to write the settings down so I have them if I ever make a change I don't like.

@JustinNck1 those wings look tasty, now I'm hungry for hot wings at 9am. If any of you guys are up in Marysville ever look up Benny's pizza they have smoked wings and a sauce called Neal's O'Flame that is good and hot. They have a big open patio/bar area and have bands playing on weekends in the summer. 

Edited by Xsr900Rider

Pauly swung by and helped me setup my suspension. It was like two retarded squirrels trying to build a space shuttle, but we got it. My rear sag was only 6mm. That explains the ass beating anytime the road got rough. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

"You got stands?" 

"Yes."

I show up to a rear stand and a front triple clamp stand. 

Facepalm. 

Says the guy who was measuring from the axle to the floor............

"WTF!? Why is it still 170mm!?"

:lol: 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

Says the guy who was measuring from the axle to the floor............

"WTF!? Why is it still 170mm!?"

:lol: 

35 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

"You got stands?" 

"Yes."

I show up to a rear stand and a front triple clamp stand. 

Facepalm. 

Looks like you guys got it dialed spot on hahaha 

• Upvote 1

Drove to title place.

Didn't get title.

Drove like a madman to Euclid to the original notary so he could finish filling it out.

Drove like a madman to title place.

Got title.

Drove like a madman to get plates. Made it with 15 minutes to spare.

Changed oil, flushed coolant and brake fluids.

Got the damn sticker off the gas tank.

Test ride.

VFR work today by OCD on Demand

Strip the body..

Remove steering stem bearings, replace with All Balls. (BTW, Park Tools are awesome)

Rebuild front calipers. Disassemble, clean, clean, new seals, reassemble…..

Disassemble and replace fork springs, replace seals, reassemble

Rip out pair valves pump & system, install custom plates, my design. 

Clean, reoil BMC air filter and re install.

Drain and Replace coolant

The bike cooks my ass, so I cut out custom shape heat shields, one in front of the rear header (cut, fit, cut, fit, cover with Heatshield Products stick on fibre glass tranny material, one in midframe using Design Engineering material and then the same with cover the underside of the seat. (No more hamburger, I hope.)

Also build heat shield enclosure for the starter solenoid and fuse box area. (It gets cooked by the rear headers, ---Stupid location Honda!)

Re route stator and R/R wiring, with a new R/R install..  Snip, crimp, heat shrink, Snip, crimp, heat shrink, Snip, crimp, heat shrink, more heat shrink, and more heat shrink, tape it, zip tie it, burn it, kill it, beat it to death….  Damn, still not satisfied… next winter.

Drain and clean clutch master cyclinder, add speed bleeder to clutch and bleed baby, bleed.

Installed forks and set to correct height.

Installed front wheel and set torques to factory.

Reinstalled the RC51 calipers that I just rebuilt.

New speed bleeders installed, hook up steel lines, --  and bleeeeed, c’mon, bleeeed, bleeeed, baby bleeed. Lock the lever overnite with zip tie…..

Reassemble front end body, and install new zero gravity windshield….

With the top cowl….

Install side instrument panel covers….. damn this 5mm screw, stupid, stupid, why is it fighting installation? Spent a fucking hour on one 5mm x 6mm long fucking screw! Jeez! MF! (got it finally)

Mirrors on… Fire it up!! Yeeeesssss!

Then went to breakfast…:D

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, mello dude said:

Strip the body..

Remove steering stem bearings, replace with All Balls. (BTW, Park Tools are awesome)

Rebuild front calipers. Disassemble, clean, clean, new seals, reassemble…..

Disassemble and replace fork springs, replace seals, reassemble

Rip out pair valves pump & system, install custom plates, my design. 

Clean, reoil BMC air filter and re install.

Drain and Replace coolant

The bike cooks my ass, so I cut out custom shape heat shields, one in front of the rear header (cut, fit, cut, fit, cover with Heatshield Products stick on fibre glass tranny material, one in midframe using Design Engineering material and then the same with cover the underside of the seat. (No more hamburger, I hope.)

Also build heat shield enclosure for the starter solenoid and fuse box area. (It gets cooked by the rear headers, ---Stupid location Honda!)

Re route stator and R/R wiring, with a new R/R install..  Snip, crimp, heat shrink, Snip, crimp, heat shrink, Snip, crimp, heat shrink, more heat shrink, and more heat shrink, tape it, zip tie it, burn it, kill it, beat it to death….  Damn, still not satisfied… next winter.

Drain and clean clutch master cyclinder, add speed bleeder to clutch and bleed baby, bleed.

Installed forks and set to correct height.

Installed front wheel and set torques to factory.

Reinstalled the RC51 calipers that I just rebuilt.

New speed bleeders installed, hook up steel lines, --  and bleeeeed, c’mon, bleeeed, bleeeed, baby bleeed. Lock the lever overnite with zip tie…..

Reassemble front end body, and install new zero gravity windshield….

With the top cowl….

Install side instrument panel covers….. damn this 5mm screw, stupid, stupid, why is it fighting installation? Spent a fucking hour on one 5mm x 6mm long fucking screw! Jeez! MF! (got it finally)

Mirrors on… Fire it up!! Yeeeesssss!

Then went to breakfast…:D

I assume you eliminated the link brake system altogether?

9 hours ago, mello dude said:

U prolly changed every spec of nut and bolt on the viffer after all these years. :) 

and I couldn't mount the dayum rear tire on the striple. The dayum design of slipping in the rear rotor along with the tire into position and me only having two weakly stick hands not helping this :mad:

5 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

U prolly changed every spec of nut and bolt on the viffer after all these years. :) 

and I couldn't mount the dayum rear tire on the striple. The dayum design of slipping in the rear rotor along with the tire into position and me only having two weakly stick hands not helping this :mad:

Triumph's design for that sucks. I have a hard time getting my rear wheel on every time. 

Removed my helmet liners, washed them. Removed jacket armor, washed the jacket. Lubed up the mechanism on the Shoei. Now off to wash the bike and assess my tire situation and predict how many sets of tires I'm gonna need to get through the year.