What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

7 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Rode it to work. Sitting here planning a route for tomorrow. Probably gonna zig zag up through the east side of 77. 26, 260, 800, 536, 556, 78, etc.

You need to get married, have a bunch of kids, and move to the flat part of the state. (Or not).

Edited by Connie14
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for a nice ride with a buddy out towards Deleware and then back roads up through prospect towards Marion and then back down to Marysville. Buddy picked up a screw in his back tire in the last 15 miles. So a Quick run home and got back with the trailer to get him. 

• Downvote 1

Adjusted the suspension a little softer. I was finding some of the bumps in the road making me feel like I was going to pop off the seat. I'll take it out tomorrow to test it out and see if it is feels better or if I like it better the way it was. 

Rode down to Athens and then up the Triple Nickel to Zanesville on Saturday.  I changed the oil and lubed the chain on Sunday and then rode to work on Monday, Ride your bike to work day.  I thought it was nice, so I didn't wear my 'stich pants. I paid in the rain on the way home.  I did discover that I have good coverage on the bike, only damp from knees down.

Just now, SFDemo said:

Rode down to Athens and then up the Triple Nickel to Zanesville on Saturday.  I changed the oil and lubed the chain on Sunday and then rode to work on Monday, Ride your bike to work day.  I thought it was nice, so I didn't wear my 'stich pants. I paid in the rain on the way home.  I did discover that I have good coverage on the bike, only damp from knees down.

How was the triple nickel between Athens and Zanesville(road conditions)?  I got a neighbor who invited me on a trip for the weekend to hit that road and some others in the area.

Put the rear hugger back on with the bracket. Need to figure out how this was on there before without rubbing. I pulled the bracket out (not off, but out) and neither side is touching the tire while its sitting but I can tell it's rubbing when I got to the office. -_-

Triple Nickel was in good shape with minimum gravel washed out of drives.  The only real issue was the unexpected appearances of oversize loads of pipe that popped up a couple of times.  The lead truck was only about 50 yards ahead of the pipe truck, so no notification.  We HUGGED the inside.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SFDemo said:

Triple Nickel was in good shape with minimum gravel washed out of drives.  The only real issue was the unexpected appearances of oversize loads of pipe that popped up a couple of times.  The lead truck was only about 50 yards ahead of the pipe truck, so no notification.  We HUGGED the inside.

Thanks, that is good info! I'll keep an eye out for big trucks.

I went for a ride northeast of Deleware on back roads and hit this sweet little stretch that and some nice corners (respectively for this flat ass area I live in) and it looked like someone literally dumped stone from a dump truck only in all the corners. Highly disappointing and luckily my buddy was leading and he noticed early. I might have been to eager on that first one and gone in to hard. 

Mounted a little waterproof external phone battery charger with a couple small Velcro straps as temporary power if I need it. Ordered rear paddock stand and chain brush to help with maintenance. 

Now contemplating putting gun on gunbroker to get some extra cash to do some modifications to the bike. Or putting a few up for sale and getting an older bike to tinker with. 

Took the Honda out for a flogging. Got it up to 92mph before things started feeling squirrelly. 92 indicated on my aftermarket speedo could be anywhere between 85-105. I need to calibrate it. Oil temp stayed around 150° while I was moving pretty good. Got up to 180° at stops, 170° in city traffic. Cooler seems to be doing a good job. Oil temp gauge is also not calibrated so temp could be way off. Also did fork seals and oil change on a customer's Suzuki m50 turd. Will be a nice payday this weekend. 

• Upvote 1