What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

43 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Just ran it down the road for a minute (in total squid style).  No vibration at 110, so I got a good balance on the tires.  I didn't get to take any good turns yet.  That will come tomorrow.  

I can tell the difference in the tire height.  I am now on my tippy toes.

Think you will be impressed on how quick it will turn in now.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally started the cut and buff on my 1200 bodywork. Reminds me laying on paint is the easy part. Kinda funny how this shit works really...sand...prime.....sand............paint.......sand again..polish

getting sick of this sanding shit

5 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Though I can't argue with results. Not the best pearl job I've seen but my first and I'm pretty pleased. 

Tri-coats, pearls, and candies can be a real pain sometimes. Looks like it turned out great.

Thanks. Took advantage of the cool weather after the storms and worked on it till the wee hours of the morning. Figured I wouldn't be getting up for the ride since it was cancelled. Turns out there's plenty of guys still heading out so I'm gonna have to shake out the cob webs and get moving. 

29 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

What did I do to my bike today? I rode the wheels off that mother fucker. That's what I did to my bike today. :) 

I came here to say essentially the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

A little project I tried with my Harbor Freight lift table. Wheeling a Vfr or A VStrom or my Super Hawk up onto table is pretty easy. You can also put the kickstand down without issue. Bigger bikes that you need to ride up onto the table is another story. Not enough room to put your feet down and if you center the bike the kickstand is useless. It is scary. I had these ramps in the rafters and decided put them to use. Made some bracketed and they just slide into place and are easily removed. Work pretty well.            

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

So the epic ride made me re-evaluate my current bike choice so I'm now in negotiations for the below sexy beast. Friday hopefully the rubber hits the road and I'll let you all know how it went. 2012 ZX6R, 4400 miles.

zx6r.JPG

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, cptchaos said:

So the epic ride made me re-evaluate my current bike choice so I'm now in negotiations for the below sexy beast. Friday hopefully the rubber hits the road and I'll let you all know how it went. 2012 ZX6R, 4400 miles.

zx6r.JPG

Based on our brief conversation I think you are making the right move. Hope it works out for u.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Based on our brief conversation I think you are making the right move. Hope it works out for u.

Yeah I think this is what the doctor ordered along with a more regular dose of the Ohio twisties.

2 hours ago, cptchaos said:

Yeah I think this is what the doctor ordered along with a more regular dose of the Ohio twisties.

I think we live near each other. I'm always up for quick runs to Hocking. 

9 hours ago, Casper said:

I think we live near each other. I'm always up for quick runs to Hocking. 

Yeah no doubt, now that I'm in Columbus that's what a 30 minute ride down 33 to Nelsonville?

5 minutes ago, cptchaos said:

Yeah no doubt, now that I'm in Columbus that's what a 30 minute ride down 33 to Nelsonville?

I'm in Pickerington. It's about 35 minutes to 33/374 where I normally start my loop.