What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/9/2017 at 4:45 AM, Qman said:

Wd-40 is a good cleaner, but i think it actually promotes rust!   Try kerosene/ diesel next time!  ( Just dont get any on the tire!)

I typically clean with WD-40 and then I had some Dupont spray stuff to protect.  I need to put a little more on this time.

Granted this was last night but OMG it took me like 4 hours and I checked my valve adjustments and put new belts on my Ducati Sportclassic.  These things take so much maintenance.:pLucky for me it has 27K miles on it and things have settled in that the last two checks haven't needed any actual adjustments. :)  Good to go for the season.

18359093_10211300081250619_3621402527748 

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Lots of work Togo but couldn't resist mocking it up to see what she's gonna look like. 

image.jpeg

Sweet!....but aren't those Yamaha colors??  :p

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, what said:

Searched everywhere for a lost Dzus pin to no avail, decided 5/6 is good enough for now.

Somehow you jinxed me. Finished getting the bike ready last night and I lost a dzus fastener somewhere in the shed while getting the body work down from the rafters. It's only a 8x10 but couldn't find the damn thing. Luckily i have extras from my old bodywork. 

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

Somehow you jinxed me. Finished getting the bike ready last night and I lost a dzus fastener somewhere in the shed while getting the body work down from the rafters. It's only a 8x10 but couldn't find the damn thing. Luckily i have extras from my old bodywork. 

I may swing by Jegs this weekend and see if they have the kind I need. I never knew Jegs had a brick and mortar store. 

Edited by what
FIXXED SPELLENG

13 minutes ago, what said:

I may swing by Jeggs this weekend and see if they have the kind I need. I never knew Jeggs had a brick and mortar store. 

Jegs used to have 2 stores. The one in Reynoldsburg got shut down.

22 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Lots of work Togo but couldn't resist mocking it up to see what she's gonna look like. 

image.jpeg

Looks good!  Did you have the underbraced swingarm when I saw you in Clarington late last year?

4 hours ago, EOdesmo said:

Looks good!  Did you have the underbraced swingarm when I saw you in Clarington late last year?

Thanks. Different bike. That was my 1100 and this is the 1200 project I just started. Both swingarms are stock the 1100 is different it's all tube. 

• Upvote 1

got my knock off Harley Daymaker LED headlight and passing lamps installed.
FEFA9EF5-2823-497E-914E-FD319F51B084_zps

6A1088B6-07A4-4552-83D8-0C290605BABF_zps

also took off the luggage rack, and the front and rear fender bumper rails.  Installed a LRS 6" recurve smoked windshield.  Installed RC exhaust slip on mufflers, and  i will be replacing the handle bar mounted mirrors with fairing mount mirrors.

42C5FAD8-737A-40C2-80AD-E83B79F9B261_zps0D5D220C-211B-460C-92EB-F9C6FC3EDCEA_zps

• Upvote 2

Yesterday my 2nd upgraded starter relay stuck on again. I had started it and it stalled when put into gear. kill switch depressed,  ignition off I grabbed the key to open the tail and unbolt the battery. But as soon as I tried to let go of the clutch the bike tried to roll off every starter kick. (last time a year ago it did it, it was in neutral as I was shutting it off) Got it into neutral without the indicator light and the relay unstuck itself as I was pulling the seat. 

Failed to restart a few times but then after sitting a minute started right up. And and didn't strand me. Today was fine as well. The oem relay is known to fail and later upspec-ed from 80a to 150a. I still carry it as a backup under the seat. Many owners use a yamaha one. I have a big snowplow(made in mexico) relay in now but no use if it'll still stick. Battery cable gauges are increased. Ignition and kill switch wires were repaired from damage. I'm replacing the switch with a 2011 one and shopping for a relay. Trial and error I guess not many even give the amp rating out..

Since the race harness does not have a plug for the kickstand safety switch, i turned my stand in a suicide stand. Not going to catch me going into turn 1 with the kickstand down. 

Drilled/tapped new location for spring standoff and used a spring i found laying around the shop. That took a lot of trial and error cutting it down to size. I'll run some safety wire through it just to ensure it doesn't pop off. 

stand_1.jpg

stand_2.jpg

52 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Since the race harness does not have a plug for the kickstand safety switch, i turned my stand in a suicide stand. Not going to catch me going into turn 1 with the kickstand down. 

Drilled/tapped new location for spring standoff and used a spring i found laying around the shop. That took a lot of trial and error cutting it down to size. I'll run some safety wire through it just to ensure it doesn't pop off. 

So what you did here was put a strong enough spring on it that unless the bike is leaning on the side stand it pops up?  Damn clever.