What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the installation and wiring on the ignition switch on the Honda, redid the gauge wiring, slapped it inside some split tube conduit (it was an ugly dogfuck of a mess) and crammed it all inside the headlight bucket. Started on the plumbing for the oil cooler today. Pain in the dick. The adaptor plate is a bitch to put on the bike and I had to pull it off to install the 1/4 npt to AN6 adaptor.  Hate building AN fittings amd hoses but once this is done it will look super clean and cool my oil much better than the other cooler did. Need to work on the mounts for the cooler, it's on there but not my best work. Once it's done, I'll probably get it detailed and ride it 5 times this summer. Or sell it...

Who wants a stupid fast vintage muscle bike?

Got the paint finished up on the 1200. Took an extra day because it seems every time you pick up a spray gun something will go wrong. Ended up with a pretty nice pearl white. Went on pretty smooth just needs a touch of cut and buff. Tried to get a pic but pearl doesn't phot very well. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2017 at 10:06 PM, Killer_kaw said:

Got the paint finished up on the 1200. Took an extra day because it seems every time you pick up a spray gun something will go wrong. Ended up with a pretty nice pearl white. Went on pretty smooth just needs a touch of cut and buff. Tried to get a pic but pearl doesn't phot very well. 

waiting to see the final version, good luck. your other bike is a sweet custom 

On May 3, 2017 at 10:59 PM, NinjaDoc said:

waiting to see the final version, good luck. your other bike is a sweet custom 

Thanks. Was hopeful I'd have it done before epic ride but still waiting on parts from across the pond. Getting closer though. 

Valves done, new plugs, timing advanced, all emissions shit now blocked off inside the head,  new coolant lines, stainless header installed, forks serviced and springs swapped out. Still managed to get out on the mean streak for a couple hours. 

13 hours ago, baptizo said:

Installed a H-D Daymaker LED headlight for the Breakout and it was an easy plug-n-play swap. 

IMG_0662.thumb.JPG.a2dfbd8ad2751aebe99e0c6d1261aa90.JPGIMG_0663.thumb.JPG.073782d349d0fe0d22ddd16cefed01af.JPG

My buddy bought a knock-off day maker, saved himself a bunch of money, and literally all he is missing is the HD logo in it. Win/Win if you ask me.

Spent about 3 hours yesterday fabricating mounting hardware, building braided -AN lines and plumbing in my new oil cooler. Started the bike up and it puked about 2 quarts of oil. Damn sandwich plate didn't seal to the crank case. Investigating and fixing it tomorrow with Jamal. Then pics of my work. 

Cleaned my chain with some WD-40.  Apparently, I did a shit job the last time I lubed up the chain.  There was a bunch of corrosion.  It did come off without a whole lot of effort.   I'll have to be more thorough with the chain wax.

Edited by Wojo72

4 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Cleaned my chain with some WD-40.  Apparently, I did a shit job the last time I lubed up the chain.  There was a bunch of corrosion.  It did come off without a whole lot of effort.   I'll have to be more thorough with the chain wax.

Wd-40 is a good cleaner, but i think it actually promotes rust!   Try kerosene/ diesel next time!  ( Just dont get any on the tire!)

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I cleaned mine with mineral spirits and lubed it with motor oil. Never tried this method before so I'm not sure I like it just yet. It's messier than wax, but my chain was whisper quiet on the last ride. 

My wheel and swingarm are black, though... :( 

Dangerous if you get much oil on the tire!!    Im liking my shaft drive!!!

Stock chain on my TL had 42k miles when I took it off and it was still good I just wanted a purdier one. Always took care of it cleaning and lubing. I've heard other people say that stock chains last less than 10K so maybe that's a testament of what maintenance can do