What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, 2talltim said:

For a guy with a 2 year old bike you work on that thing a awful lot. :dunno:....:lol:

First new bike I've owned, so I figured I would try keeping up with "recommended service spec" and I like farkles. Plus it's cold as shit outside, and I have a heated garage. :D

Edited by JustinNck1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Major Key. I probably wouldnt have an xbox if I had a heated garage.

Well I had a small PC setup, but it didn't like the paint fumes too much. (Rough on fans). There's a 6 inch pipe running from the house to the garage, which made running a network cable super easy.

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

Well I had a small PC setup, but it didn't like the paint fumes too much. (Rough on fans). There's a 6 inch pipe running from the house to the garage, which made running a network cable super easy.

I only have an xbox because I have nothing to do during the winter months lol. If I had a heated garage I'd be in there tinkering with crap all the time. Maybe I'd actually increase my mechanical know-how. I dont like doing that during the summer for obvious reasons.

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I only have an xbox because I have nothing to do during the winter months lol. If I had a heated garage I'd be in there tinkering with crap all the time. Maybe I'd actually increase my mechanical know-how. I dont like doing that during the summer for obvious reasons.

BINGO. This year I told myself I was going to quit being lazy all winter. Got plenty of work to do in the garage, and when warm weather comes, it's only necessity service (Tires, Oil Changes, break downs).

22 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

So i ordered my fork springs from Traxxion Dynamics on 02/20. I waited until 03/10 to get the springs, which showed up with none of the required spacers or washers. I call the next day and they say they forgot and their shipping the hardware out. So I received the hardware last night, install everything and guess what. The springs are wrong. The springs need to be tapered for the FJR and these are not, causing the spring to slide past the cartridge. Just got off the phone with them, they admit they screwed up but I have to wait 3 weeks for another set of springs. Needless to say, I'm pissed. New springs are being ordered, but I'm calling RaceTech to see if they can get them faster somehow.

Sonic Springs... thank me later.

• Upvote 1

Put the plastic on I plan to use for my track day(s) to test the eBay wire harness I purchased. Everything seemed to work as it should. $40 for the harness $40 for another headlight assembly I taped up so I can just leave it in the OEM plastic as my track plastic. Got me out of the house and spent some time in the garage. May only use it once or who knows maybe I'll use it a bunch. 

• Upvote 1

Got the new water pump installed on the F4i, and pored the coolant back in the the wife drove up and was forced to quit. Didn't get a chance to start it...... Ugh.. even it's only 30mins of work, at least it's progress. 

2 hours ago, flashesbuck said:

Got the new water pump installed on the F4i, and pored the coolant back in the the wife drove up and was forced to quit. Didn't get a chance to start it...... Ugh.. even it's only 30mins of work, at least it's progress. 

"...Poured the coolant back in the wife..."  She must be pretty hot!!!!:p

• Upvote 1

Tried to wake it up from Hibernation; four letter words did not help. Based on the noises it did and did not make, a new battery to replace the original one ought to do the trick.

Edited by Grokked

parked the triumph in it's new comfy home. still convinced I have enough room for both bikes + the car in the garage. trailer will be living in the garage during the summer though... no place to park it outside.

also not done to bike but bike-related: trailer hitch installed on the new (as @TimTheAzn calls it) toaster. now I just need to get the new upstream o2 sensor installed and I should be golden for all trailering needs this summer.

Edited by what