So Trump kicks one baby.....

Tonik

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

They're not babies until you can claim them on your income tax. 

Once they hit 12 weeks in the womb you can legally change your withholding with your employer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jbot said:

well... i mean... they can. at least in ohio, i think it's 20 weeks.

It's confusing, there are federal restrictions, state restrictions and weird overlaps.  Looks like 24 is the norm.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

It's confusing, there are federal restrictions, state restrictions and weird overlaps.  Looks like 24 is the norm.

there there, grandpa.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Really?

Yup! I only know this because of a blog I started following when we learned we were having twins. One of the finance topic tips was to change your withholding and add the 2 dependents immediately. Whatever that additional works out to each paycheck to stash away in a little savings fund to help finance all the medical costs associated with a multiple pregnancy and birth. You won't get the large refund some people see when you file your annual taxes since you've already taken advantage of the credit.

I verified this with my CPA who said we could absolutely do that.

• Upvote 2

You can increase the number of dependents before 12 weeks.  In fact your wife doesn't even have to be pregnant to increase it.  Hell, you can be single with zero dependents and claim elebenty dependents on the W4.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Contraceptions are for people who don't want kids but for whatever reason want to have sex. Because people who don't want, or can't afford kids, shouldn't have sex without contraception. 

FTFY

• Upvote 2

You can change your w4 withholdings at any time. I can go upstairs and claim 10 dependants today if I want. 

well obviously. One of us would be telling the truth and one would be lying so I'm not sure what your point even is

• Downvote 1

Abortions are for people who don't want kids but for whatever reason are pregnant. Because people who don't want, or can't afford kids, shouldn't have them. That's the perfect recipe for a criminal. 

Please tell me that's sarcasm.

• Upvote 1

More than happy to tell you that you are wrong. Poor single women only account for 9 percent of abortions because.....wait for it....they cant fucking afford it. Christ they cant afford birth control which is why they got pregnant in the first place.

And failed contraception accounts for less than 1 percent of abortions.

36 minutes ago, Tonik said:

More than happy to tell you that you are wrong. Poor single women only account for 9 percent of abortions because.....wait for it....they cant fucking afford it. Christ they cant afford birth control which is why they got pregnant in the first place.

And failed contraception accounts for less than 1 percent of abortions.

That's why they hit up the father(they know who the father is right) because abortions are cheaper than child support.

whose made up statistics are you using? fed or ohio?  http://prospect.org/article/demographics-abortion-its-not-what-you-think

The most recent data suggests that the disparity has only gotten larger. Today, a full 42 percent of women having abortions live under the poverty line

25 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Contraception can fail. Fuck your opinion on abortion, look at all these fucked up criminals out there from single mothers who never wanted kids, or poor families that couldn't afford them and tell me I'm wrong. 

When used properly most common contraception has a 99% success rate.  I agree that plenty of criminals come from single parent homes and had a shitty upbringing because they were probably unwanted to begin with.  Abortion doesn't do much to prevent this considering these people usually can't afford it to begin with.  It sounds like you are suggesting abortion is just another form of birth control which is just ridiculous.  Condoms are cheaper and 98% effective.The pill, the patch and nuvaring which are all 99.7% effective are probably cheaper.

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

That's why they hit up the father(they know who the father is right) because abortions are cheaper than child support.

whose made up statistics are you using? fed or ohio?  http://prospect.org/article/demographics-abortion-its-not-what-you-think

The most recent data suggests that the disparity has only gotten larger. Today, a full 42 percent of women having abortions live under the poverty line

Doubt the fathers can afford support or the abortion either. 

The Slate. Figured that would play with the pro abortion crowd better.