PIRC Aug 27-28 unofficial OR day

Jester_

If any of you need a bike to ride, I'll have either a 600 or 650 ready to roll by then....hopefully a yz250 too, but I don't think that will work too well on the big track.

Hopefully,I'll have that 650 sorted out soon for ya !

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

@NinjaDoc. I think at N2 days you can go out for the first session or two without prepping your bike in a pre-novice group.  Can regular N2 participants confirm that?  Bring the new duc out!

This free trial group is for the street rider who’s unsure about signing up for a full day of riding. The Intro group attends a Novice classroom session and gets on the track for two 15-20 minute Novice riding sessions in the morning rotation. There is no bike preparation requirement; however, participants are required to pass technical inspection.

This is what I found on the Intro group. 

41 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

This free trial group is for the street rider who’s unsure about signing up for a full day of riding. The Intro group attends a Novice classroom session and gets on the track for two 15-20 minute Novice riding sessions in the morning rotation. There is no bike preparation requirement; however, participants are required to pass technical inspection.

This is what I found on the Intro group. 

I'd imagine that intro group is led(towed) by an instructor at a pretty mild pace.....cannot speak from experience tho.

15 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

I'll just use this instead of buying a rear tire. :) 

Either that or I've got a few takesoffs.  I had a blast on Jeff's 650, think it would be a great option to reduce the tire cost(vs 600 & 750) while still pushing and learning.  Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, RHill said:

Either that or I've got a few takesoffs.  I had a blast on Jeff's 650, think it would be a great option to reduce the tire cost(vs 600 & 750) while still pushing and learning.  Only time will tell.

I have a good front, I just don't think either rear I have will make it a day.

Just now, blue03636 said:

I have a good front, I just don't think either rear I have will make it a day.

GPA pros from CJ.....debating with myself about picking up Brian's tires he has listed up, but I already have 5 or 6 rears that need to be used up lol

3 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

You ever mix the dunlops with Pirelli?

yeah, I've run Dunlop front with Pirelli rear and it was the best of both, planted/stable front under braking with amazing rear feel & confidence under drive, even when laying rubber down all over the place.

Pirelli front with Dunlop rear shouldn't change much geometry wise.....don't think it is playing into the strengths of either tire, but I wouldn't have a problem riding on it.

16 minutes ago, RHill said:

yeah, I've run Dunlop front with Pirelli rear and it was the best of both, planted/stable front under braking with amazing rear feel & confidence under drive, even when laying rubber down all over the place.

Pirelli front with Dunlop rear shouldn't change much geometry wise.....don't think it is playing into the strengths of either tire, but I wouldn't have a problem riding on it.

I like the pirelli front. I may have to try some dunlops one of these days.

2 hours ago, RHill said:

GPA pros from CJ.....debating with myself about picking up Brian's tires he has listed up, but I already have 5 or 6 rears that need to be used up lol

Toss one on that extra bike of yours and I'll help you out with this, brother.

2 hours ago, blue03636 said:

I like the pirelli front. I may have to try some dunlops one of these days.

I loved the pirelli front (and rear, really), but it does take some getting used to.  First time I rode it I thought I had a flat tire or my handle bars were loose or something! Haha

47 minutes ago, Hollywood33 said:

Toss one on that extra bike of yours and I'll help you out with this, brother.

cover me for tire wear and it will be there, can take the 750 for a spin too

Jeff, if everything works out, interested in swapping the 600 & 650 that weekend?

cover me for tire wear and it will be there, can take the 750 for a spin too

Jeff, if everything works out, interested in swapping the 600 & 650 that weekend?

Absolutely !
Text me some pics of it when you get a chance .

3 hours ago, J_Copeland said:

Absolutely !
Text me some pics of it when you get a chance .

Currently a pile of parts in a pallet rack lol never put it together after the 750 swap.  Just bolted the subframe on and got the electronics in place yesterday, 

Tank is OEM and in good shape, fairings will be interesting, I have my rashed set that will need repair and a back up I bought a long time ago that I never mounted up.

I spoke with some guys at N2 and they said that they only have 5 intro spots but none of them are claimed yet for these dates. Also if you do sign up for the full day it would be at a discounted rate.

So depending on where you live you are getting a free trip to and from the track, 2 sessions free to try it out and if you want to sign up for the rest of the day its at a discounted rate. Doesnt seem like we have a whole lot of interest yet for first timers. 

On 7/22/2016 at 4:23 PM, Hollywood33 said:

I loved the pirelli front (and rear, really), but it does take some getting used to.  First time I rode it I thought I had a flat tire or my handle bars were loose or something! Haha

I really loved the glory hole on your kawi as did Soren :)

On 7/21/2016 at 9:44 PM, Hollywood33 said:

I'm about ready to hit the track pipe again, boys.

Does this mean you're sitting for the bar exam as I type this?  Ohio kicked off this morning at 8:00.  Done Thursday at noon.