Route 250 Through WV & VA

JustinNck1

I am leaving for my Gap Trip Thursday Morning and I will be taking Route 250 through WV & VA to Waynesboro to pick up the BRP. Is there anything good or bad things on this road I should keep an eye out for? From what I have read, it seems to be a pretty awesome road.

In WVA a lot of new pavement was put down on 250, but when I was there near the end of June there was a fair amount of gravel so watch yourself. Awesome road. I took it down to 79. 

Road 250 to Morgan WV 3 weeks ago and it does have new pavement, but the stones were really bad.  Most of the tight corners were so thick it was like a driveway and any lean you would be down.

Take it easy out of Moundsville to Hundred or you will get a nasty surprise.

3 hours ago, whaler said:

Road 250 to Morgan WV 3 weeks ago and it does have new pavement, but the stones were really bad.  Most of the tight corners were so thick it was like a driveway and any lean you would be down.

Take it easy out of Moundsville to Hundred or you will get a nasty surprise.

I will not be that far north. I am picking up 250 just outside of Clarksburg.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been on 250, Moundsville to Hundred or even as far as 33? I'm looking for a nicer route than 33-50-79-33 to the Spruce Knob - Seneca Rocks area. 

I70 to 250 to 33 or 250 to 50 etc seems like a much more fun route. 5.5hrs on the 33 route is a great time if pressed for daylight next Thursday. If crack of dawn Friday is our departure, the scenic twisty route will likely prevail.

If you want to get the party started a little earlier take 9 south near St Clairsville to147 east from Centerville to Bellaire.Both were paved last year.If you don't know this part of 147 you're in for a pleasent surprise.The esses going down the hill into Bellaire are a blast...if you can get a clean shot without blockers.

Also...if you have the time to do a little exploring turn at the gas station in the little town of Key.Go straight until it T's.At the T go left.It's all new pavement and it will eventually take you out on 7 about a mile or two from the Moundsville bridge.Sorry,I don't remember the road names or number.Or you could look for new pavement  on the side roads as you're going down 7.

• Upvote 2

Great tips, thanks you all. Very much looking forward to my first trip to that area in 11 months....I only spend all winter every year dreaming of when I cam make it down to the eastern panhandle if WV!

33 was just getting repaved on the best section climbing east to the VA border on my last visit, did not got to legitimately run it due to one way traffic alternating east-west.