Gonna dust off the fermenters...

Gixxus Christ!

.....And brew up some beer! 

Been probably 5 years since I got my boil on. Found a stupidly good deal on ingredient kits on eBay so fuck it, now is the perfect time to brew some marzen lager to be ready for Oktoberfest. 

Anyone else brewing?

We made some whisky using George Washington's recipe a couple of weeks back. Very interesting, the water is seasoned with hops before you use it for the mash. 161 proof before we cut it.  Has a really cool smokey flavor.

Next up Banana Brandy.  Need to get down to the west side market and get 80 pounds of bananas.  Gonna give the grandkids 5 bucks each to peal them. 

Sweet. Maybe I'll have my own little Oktoberfest celebration at the house. Nothing major, half a dozen or so people on a brisk evening, a fire and a few coolers full of malty homemade goodness....will see if I can talk the wife into it...

• Upvote 1

Brewed a batch this morning. Went outside during the boil to sanitize equipment for maybe 5 minutes. Return to the kitchen and it's boiled over. Lost maybe a pint or so of wort and some hops but it should be fine. Just got it down to 72° and pitched my yeast. It's a dry lager strain so I'm gonna have to get it cold here in a few weeks. Haven't figured out how I'm gonna do that yet....