2009 FZ6 with just under 500 miles on it

Bad324

12 hours ago, oldman09FZ6 said:

I looked at KBB.

Its' trade in value is 2740 good condition. trade in value would always be more than outright sale to dealer as a trade in they're making money on the bike you're trading it in for.

The KBB site page stated the average expected mileage for that year and size would/should be 21,150 miles and that condition is more important than mileage. So with the condition and mileage of only 476, $2700 will get it !!!   Low enough ?

Ok, we pretty much have a deal here. Assuming the bike fits me decently, is pretty much as advertised I will buy it.

I am assuming the tile is clear, so I propose the following:

I will come over Friday, Saturday or Sunday...your choice...and bring 2700 bucks with me. I will check it out in the driveway and if all is good I will commit to the bike 100 percent pending a quick test ride.  The test ride will ONLY be to confirm there is no engine or transmission problems.  A quick run around the block to run it through the gears (at a very sane speed).

Prior to the test ride I will hand you 2700 dollars. If I drop the bike or do anything to it at all in the slightest you keep the 2700 bucks and hand me the title and we part friends.

Again, no test ride until the only question left in my mind is that the mechanics of the engine and tranny are solid AND you have the cash in your hand.  I am sure they are, but I need to hear it.

FWIW, I am old too. I work in IT for a school district and every year have to pass a background check. And everyone here knows me very well.

My real name is Jim, call me at your convenience at 216 536 1960. I live in Seven Hills

Edit: And I will bring my own plate and insurance.

EDIT 2:  And I am of course open to alternative plans.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

Just now, oldman09FZ6 said:

Replying to Tonik,OK.

Bike doesn't have plate registration. I work mornings for a couple hours Friday and Saturday,typically out of there 10-11. What is your preference for time of day

Lets do Friday afternoon, that gives me Friday morning to get cash.  Let's say 1 PM so you have time to get home and eat and stuff.  I will bring my plate, and my insurance will cover it. Wife will drive me so expect it to be gone Friday....think about a notoriety near you we can just run up there for that part. Any bank will probably handle it for us.

Just now, NinjaDoc said:

Great, in that case I will come for the bike  thursday, cash in hand  :trollface:

PS: Dennis this is just a joke in line with usual no useful content addition OR style 

You do realize I can delete that and ban you right?

:ban:   :epenis:

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

How long before his cruiser is up for sale? 

Just now, Bad324 said:

It won't be unless it's to get a new one. I can damn near guarantee that

Correct, the long ass trips, especially with the wife are huge to me.

• Upvote 1

Transaction complete,he's on his way home. I'll let him describe it !

I'm without a bike now,but hope to eventually get back into it even though I'm 70. My first bike in 1971 was a Honda 2 cyl 350, many camping trips to the Allegany park in PA. Second bike in 1975 was a Honda CB550 4 cyl. Third bike was a 1980 Suzuki 750E,tremendous low end torque,raced it at Dragway42,it was rated as 12.5-12.3,I managed to get it into the 11.90s'. Had it for 25 years. The fourth was the now gone Yamaha FZ6,incredibly light,agile and comfortable but torque and horsepower occurred too high for me,it was the fastest bike I ever had. When I get back into it,the Harley street 750 would probably be it,more low end power for my type of use.

Do I have to change my screen name now ?

Edited by oldman09FZ6
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Bike is epic. Needs a good cleaning and polish. Other than that it is perfect. Dennis actually had it cleaned and lubed... ready to go.

I love this thing. It is exactly what I need for a second bike.

OK, so where you going riding tomorrow?