2009 FZ6 with just under 500 miles on it

Bad324

28 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

you should buy it.

I'm not buying any bike that is more than $1k and since the only bikes I like don't come at that price point I'm not buying anything

27 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

476 miles in 6 seasons? I've done that in a day. Someone please save this poor motorcycle.

Dude has more cool toys than he knows what to do with 

That's my bike in post #1.

Just joined,been 'lurking' here as a guest for quite a while,since it was posted for me I figure it would be proper to actually join.

I'm 69,retired,been biking since 1971. Always orientals,1971 Honda CL350,then 1974 Honda CB550,then 1980 Suzuki 750E. Had the 750 for about 25 years.

Don't intend to leave motorcycling for forever,just too much else currently occupies my time. My 98 Camaro Z28,do a lot of travelling with it,firearms & reloading,enjoy going to the range and paper-punching.

It's also listed on Cleveland Racing and Columbus Racing. I've added this to those sites' threads. "Since there hasn't been any interest,I am open to offers. Don't need to sell it,but since I don't use it much,be good to pass it on to someone that would ACTUALLY use it."

Hope it was OK to also use this post as an 'intro'.

• Upvote 3

On July 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM, oldman09FZ6 said:

That's my bike in post #1.

Just joined,been 'lurking' here as a guest for quite a while,since it was posted for me I figure it would be proper to actually join.

I'm 69,retired,been biking since 1971. Always orientals,1971 Honda CL350,then 1974 Honda CB550,then 1980 Suzuki 750E. Had the 750 for about 25 years.

Don't intend to leave motorcycling for forever,just too much else currently occupies my time. My 98 Camaro Z28,do a lot of travelling with it,firearms & reloading,enjoy going to the range and paper-punching.

It's also listed on Cleveland Racing and Columbus Racing. I've added this to those sites' threads. "Since there hasn't been any interest,I am open to offers. Don't need to sell it,but since I don't use it much,be good to pass it on to someone that would ACTUALLY use it."

Hope it was OK to also use this post as an 'intro'.

Hi. I have an 09 Honda Shadow w/some extras for trade if you're interested. I'd rather have a sportier bike for ride I do. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Open to offers,it's just sitting in the garage and gets started occasionally. Gonna be too busy to use/ride it. Warm weather priorities are the Camaro Z28,firearms/range time,and amusement park rollercoasters(Cedar Point).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Since I want it gone,gonna offer it to State8 where I bought it and since they have to make money on the acquisition/resale,they're not gonna offer much for it.

The last price I had it here for was $4000,dropping it to $3000 before it goes to State8.

3 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

do it! then you can sell to me at half price when you scare yourself too much on it

I would never condemn a bike to be a garage queen. I love them far too much for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Seriously considering buying it for myself.

No doubt Jim. You should at least go have a look and set how it fits. Pauly does not give props to too many bikes but he has always been positive on this model. I'm a perfect example of not needing the latest up to date machinery to have a good time on two wheels. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oldman09FZ6 said:

Since there seems to be some interest because of the big price drop,I'll let this run for a week before I State8 it.

Thank you sir, working on the wife now 

• Upvote 2

I agree,I'd rather get it to someone here than to State8.

But I disagree with the State8....Fuck them.  They are a business and businesses operate to make money/profit,keeps them in business. I go back to the 60s'/70s' and there were a LOT of cycle dealers. I remember Rick Case Motorcycles on East 200th back in the 70s'. Many have gone out of business or taken over and absorbed by other dealers. Too many was bad but having a few left are necessary for competitive pricing.

So what would the Kelly Blue Book trade in value be for that condition and mileage ?

I looked at KBB.

Its' trade in value is 2740 good condition. trade in value would always be more than outright sale to dealer as a trade in they're making money on the bike you're trading it in for.

The KBB site page stated the average expected mileage for that year and size would/should be 21,150 miles and that condition is more important than mileage. So with the condition and mileage of only 476, $2700 will get it !!!   Low enough ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, oldman09FZ6 said:

$2700 will get it !!!

@Tonik seriously get this. If I hadn't sunk all my money in to the Firehawk even I couldn't say no to picking this up even if it sat in the garage more than I would have liked

Edited by Bad324