I'm thinking about buying a cruiser

Tpoppa

I started riding on cruisers and have owned several of them.  I'm thinking about buying one mostly for rising 2 up.  I'm going to stay under $5k

I like the looks of the "muscle" cruisers like the Kawasaki Mean Streak or Yamaha Warrior, even the VRSCR Street Rod.  Any ideas?

Edited by Tpoppa

Vulcan S ABS, will need the 2 up kit.  Nice bike and has swappable ergo's to make it fit really nice but might be a bit tame for you.

Yamaha Warrior, a little old school but they carve roads really nice and are pretty fast. Will need a decent Corbin or the like for two up.

If you want something a little more comfy and for a longer haul a 2006 to 2008 1600 Nomad is a great machine. I miss mine.  The newer 2009+ ones are very nice also, basically my bike scaled down. But the 6-8's are all over the place for like 3 grand.

And you certainly can't go wrong with the Honda 1300's. 

Check out JandJ in Massillon. They have boatloads of used bikes and awesome prices.

Good luck finding a VRSCR in that price range. I sold mine (06) for 8 grand last year. I'd 2nd the VMAX vote although finding a clean one is difficult. They are practically giving away 2005 and older metric cruisers so you should have no issues with the prices.. My wife has a VTX 1300 and it's fun and reliable.

10 minutes ago, Kritz said:

Good luck finding a VRSCR in that price range. I sold mine (06) for 8 grand last year. I'd 2nd the VMAX vote although finding a clean one is difficult. They are practically giving away 2005 and older metric cruisers so you should have no issues with the prices.. My wife has a VTX 1300 and it's fun and reliable.

I've seen several 06 Street Rods right around $5K

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

always loved the look of the Suzi M109R especially the Blue one with the white stripe down the middle.

I like those too, but probably more than I'm going to spend.

This is probably more in my price range

2004-Suzuki-Marauder1600c.jpg

They sit just like my ZRX's do. They don't have the forward controls like most cruisers.There's 2 at Ben Breece in Ottawa. This one is marked down to 7,400

http://www.benbreecehd.com/web-content/new inventory/NEW AND USED/Update 1008 Big/VRSCR.html

Edited by Kritz

1 minute ago, Kritz said:

That thing has some serious brakes on it ^

That Suzuki is actually built by Kawasaki.  It's a rebadged Mean Streak 1600 will a couple cosmetic changes.  Good brakes, inverted cartridge forks, shaft drive, no valve adjustments...it's a possibility

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2016 at 11:16 AM, Tonik said:

Vulcan S ABS, will need the 2 up kit.  Nice bike and has swappable ergo's to make it fit really nice but might be a bit tame for you.

Yamaha Warrior, a little old school but they carve roads really nice and are pretty fast. Will need a decent Corbin or the like for two up.

If you want something a little more comfy and for a longer haul a 2006 to 2008 1600 Nomad is a great machine. I miss mine.  The newer 2009+ ones are very nice also, basically my bike scaled down. But the 6-8's are all over the place for like 3 grand.

And you certainly can't go wrong with the Honda 1300's. 

Check out JandJ in Massillon. They have boatloads of used bikes and awesome prices.

What he said.  I have a 99 vulcan classic 1500 and its comfortable for long hauls even 2 up as long as you throw the sissy bar on it.  My dad has the 07 Nomad 1600 that Tonik is talking about and it is a super comfortable bike already set up for 2 up riding.  

On 7/15/2016 at 10:18 AM, Tpoppa said:

I started riding on cruisers and have owned several of them.  I'm thinking about buying one mostly for rising 2 up.  I'm going to stay under $5k

I like the looks of the "muscle" cruisers like the Kawasaki Mean Streak or Yamaha Warrior, even the VRSCR Street Rod.  Any ideas?

A bit of a different style and they werent popular, but get a ride on one. Super smooth, super comfy, good handling and brakes and mondo torque off idle. (95 ft-lbs) Also goes with my aversion to twins. Its an engine with a bike wrapped around it. Oh yeah, badass sounding engine too....

gallery_4396_995_1369457592_16212.jpg

Edited by mello dude

12 minutes ago, jschaf said:

If I had thoughts about getting a cruiser I would seriously consider getting a sports car. That's just me though.

If you want to test drive my kids tesla you can.