Esurance

motocat12

Just got this email

" Your Esurance motorcycle insurance policy will be canceled. A cancellation notice with more detailed information is available online in your Esurance account. 

For more information, or to view or print your cancellation notice,log into your account. 

If you have questions about your cancellation, please call our customer service center at 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262). 

Sincerely, 

The Esurance Customer Service Team "

My payment is due in 5 days... no tickets in years    WTF

Account 

" Renewal due  07/20/2016 $297.00   Make a payment 

Date Description Effective Amount
07/14/2016 Cancellation notice sent 07/30/2016 --

06/10/2016 Policy rated for renewal 07/30/2016

"

Do they want my money or not? usually like my auto policy i get a payment due reminder...

Possibly they decided to no longer cover bikes they may consider to be high risk? Screw 'em.

I've used Progressive for a lot of years, and have had no complaints. Years ago, my wife had a very serious motorcycle accident and they were a pleasure to deal with and gave us no trouble at all. They even went above and beyond in some instances. IMO, that's worth any cost difference they may be above other companies (though I think their rates are extremely competitive).

Edited by ScubaCinci

I had progressive the year before and switched when they played the raise your rate after the new customer first year game.

3 weeks after a renewal notice esurance change their minds? The make a payment link still there.. and seems active.

That is the cancelation notice that will go into effect on 7/30 because you have not paid them. They are not 'canceling' you, they are telling you that you are a dumbass for waiting so long to pay them.

• Downvote 2

I switched to State Farm back when I didn't need auto insurance  (work truck and insurance through work) and after 3 days they dropped me because they wouldn't cover just a motorcycle without any other coverage

7 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I did a state farm quote online last year and have gotten duplicate junkmail from their nearby agents every two weeks since #shitlisted

Yup same here. Pain in the ass. The last one that made the mistake of calling me got an ear full of my previous experience which is why I won't do business with them 

E-not-so-sure-ance

Looking at my old statement I see they've given themselves a 10% raise $270 to $300.

Called up the number on the email and after being on hold for 5 minutes, "oh motorcycle hold on i'll transfer you." on hold some more..

Geico quote $500(with car multipolicy) and dairyland  $400+

Progressive who I left last year will take me back for what I was originally paying before their renewal raise. $270.

Geico:  same expiration and due date. Simpatico

Esurance: Due date is 5 days before expiration date and cancellation email is sent 5 days before due date. Confusing but true. Also noticed my card expired 8/29/2015 they never sent one after the temp one I printed out...?

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/expired-policy-no-coverage.aspx

" Most auto insurance policies are set to terminate at 12:01 a.m., so if you look at your insurance card, policy or payment notice, you should see that coverage only exists up to the expiration date. "  ok this makes geico's same day due date confusing

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2016 at 6:40 PM, motocat12 said:

E-not-so-sure-ance

Looking at my old statement I see they've given themselves a 10% raise $270 to $300.

Called up the number on the email and after being on hold for 5 minutes, "oh motorcycle hold on i'll transfer you." on hold some more..

Geico quote $500(with car multipolicy) and dairyland  $400+

Progressive who I left last year will take me back for what I was originally paying before their renewal raise. $270.

Geico:  same expiration and due date. Simpatico

Esurance: Due date is 5 days before expiration date and cancellation email is sent 5 days before due date. Confusing but true. Also noticed my card expired 8/29/2015 they never sent one after the temp one I printed out...?

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/expired-policy-no-coverage.aspx

" Most auto insurance policies are set to terminate at 12:01 a.m., so if you look at your insurance card, policy or payment notice, you should see that coverage only exists up to the expiration date. "  ok this makes geico's same day due date confusing

Insurance does go up. Ohio is a fairly stable ate. Esurance does a new customer discount. That discount most likely went away. 

But pricing does go up for insurance policies. Mostly due to the rising cost of health care. 

When you hit someone and put them in the hospital think about all those $8 a piece Tylenol.

Was with Progressive for years. Went to add my 16 yr old to my policy and they wanted to double what I was paying. Told them to kiss my ass. Shoped around and found little better coverage through Liberty Mutual for only 15% more than I was paying with out adding the kid. I tired to work with progressive and they wouldn't budge till I called to cancel then all of a sudden they were willing to "work with me" since I was a customer for over 13 years. Again told them to kiss my ass, they had their chance and they blew it.

• Upvote 1