Any local shops redo seats?

MidgetTodd

So I picked up a new bike and the only thing I dont like about it is the seat. After an hour or so my nuts,ass and legs all hurt much like what I imagine waking up the morning after being roofied in a gay bar must feel like. I found plenty of places that sell new seats for stupid money and they really dont look good either. Also found a few online that will redo your seat with a 3 week turn around. Problem is Im going to the Gap for 4 day weekend next weekend with my regular group and Id like to find a local shop that will redo it before next Weds. Anyone know a feller?

23 minutes ago, Casper said:

Get a pad to get you by. Send the seat off this winter. 

I agree with Casper on this one given the tight timeframe.  Somehow I don't think that this is a new concept to MT but for what it's worth I bought some Fox padded racing shorts.  The seat on my FZ-07 hurt on longer rides.  With the padded shorts I could ride for hours without pain.  The only negative is that when you are off of the bike you feel like you are wearing a diaper.  I didn't want to spend money on a seat upgrade because deep down I knew that I wouldn't keep the bike.

Edited by Wojo72

That sucks, If roofies didn't erase your memory you'd know for sure.

I don't think upholstery is ever cheap. Any any one good is probably backup up (ya punned) 

Tear it open and have a go, you can always staple the cover back on. or get some lycra from a fabric store.

Electric carving knife, a kneeling garden pad, and some rubber cement.

Edited by motocat12
  • Upvote 1

http://www.terryscustomseats.com

You can thank me later. Prices are low and seats are custom to you. But yea get a pad to get you by short term. I'd offer you my wife's airhawk but she will be using that weekend going to Niagara Falls.

Edited by 2talltim

You can try an airhawk...that worked for me before I got the Day Long seat. Also, Seat Concepts sells cover/foam kits for many bikes and they aren't too expensive. Shouldn't take long to get one in. Worst case it comes in too late but you'll still have your seat so you'll be no worse off than before. Then all you need is access to a pneumatic stapler to do it yourself. I just did my XR seat with one, pretty easy - especially with a helper.

I still have my airhawk that you can use if I can locate it in my parts warehouse :lol:Not sure if it will fit your seat right as there are different models for different bikes. I bought mine used and can't recall off the top of my head which model it is.

Edited by ScubaCinci

I loved my spencer seat for the price on the vfr but wish I would have went with the upgraded surpracor. From everything I've heard Daylong is probably a clear step above Spencer though

I think Al at Bikes2 NV still does seats..not sure on cost or turnaround time, but he used to be off of Taylor Station in the Gahanna/Reynoldsburg area

(614) 751-8888

Edited by 600ZZ4eb

Got it done today, same day service even. A friend told me about a place in Buckeye Lake so I stopped by with the bike to have him look at it. He seemed to know exactly what I wanted and then showed me picts of several Harley and Chopper seats he had done, he's next door to Sinners and Saints Choppers. I figured I'd give it a try since he was local and said he could easily make my deadline of next Weds. Dropped it off today at 9am and I'll be damned he called at 4 and said its done! I've not rode with it yet but it looks awesome and did exactly what I wanted done, reshaped and contoured to fit a sport ride and its very soft now. Feels great and looks perfect for way less than anywhere I found and same day service! Callais Customs in Buckeye Lake. Guys name that I dealt with was Jesse 740-405-4188

• 1 month later...

Airhawk vote here... I have used the same airhawk on 3 different motorcycles (1125R, NC700X, CB1000R).  It really is great, because it's so easy to remove you could use it at the office or even sporting events with hard seats.  And for track or more sporty riding it's as easy as removing your seat to remove the Airhawk.

Just a little tip is that you need to air it up and then sit on it while just barely letting air out until you barely feel your motorcycle seat, and then close the air valve.  At this point just tighten the valve screw and tuck it in the cover.  If you feel like you're riding on a shifty bubble you need to let out a little more air.  Sometimes on hot days I have to let out some air.  I have the cruiser pillion, I think, and it works great for sport touring bikes.  Running the fuel tank from full to empty without standing up or shifting around in the seat is all the evidence that you need for when you get the airhawk pressure just right.