WANTED- Rz350's and RS250

wolfeman28

Looking for some brapp machines for the track.

Would like to get 2 complete Yamaha RZ350's. No LC's. Would settle on one fair condition runner, and then a crap load of spare parts or parts bike/motor.

Need a decent/fair condition Aprilia RS250. Streetable or track setup is fine, don't really need all the lights and wiring.

I know not a whole lot of people around here are into these, but I'd figure I'd ask anyway, since stranger things have happened, and I have seen them being used at Mid-O and other places.

Lemme know!

Yeah west coast has a ton, as well as the western Canadian border states. But people are trying to sell them at 3 times the 'excellent' blue book value. No way I'm going that route for bikes I'm going to destroy. Canada has a ton as well, and for the proper prices, but I don't want to deal with shipping over the border, and dealing with international title transfer.

Hoping someone that has a few tucked away in pieces in the garage comes around. It's rare but it happens, and they don't last more that a few hours after being listed.

6 hours ago, whaler said:

Did you make it to vintage days?  Sure there were a few for sale.

Nope, my broken leg pretty much has me locked down at home. I miss it every year for one reason or another :/

11 hours ago, wolfeman28 said:

Yeah west coast has a ton, as well as the western Canadian border states. But people are trying to sell them at 3 times the 'excellent' blue book value. No way I'm going that route for bikes I'm going to destroy. Canada has a ton as well, and for the proper prices, but I don't want to deal with shipping over the border, and dealing with international title transfer.

Hoping someone that has a few tucked away in pieces in the garage comes around. It's rare but it happens, and they don't last more that a few hours after being listed.

Canada has a lot because in the US, road/licensed 2-strokes were essentially banned to EPA emission restrictions so they stopped selling them in US markets circa 1984.

Bonus if you find a Kenny Roberts edition :)

Edited by ScubaCinci

That's the other thing that's driving up the price of the RZ's.... Everybody and their brother just wants the motors to build for the ATV's, so they buy the whole bike and toss everything but the motor.

For those interested, the plan is this-
1. RZ350 street/landspeed bike, will get the 392cc treatment along with a modified frame. Will most likely get Airtech TZ750 bodywork.
2. RS250 road race track bike with 421cc RZ motor.

My property damage payout should put me right at the spot I need to be as long as I can find two beat up RZ's soon. RS250 I'm just going to have to wait for one to pop up on the AF1 forums when someone drops one at the track, they usually have 2 or 3 pop up on there every year.

Any interest in a 1994 RGV 250 Gamma?  Clean OHIO title. Bought 5 years ago complete and running (with a new heat cycled only Fischer engine). Tyga chambers. Wanted to do a complete refurbish but seems like no time to work on it. Frame is powder coated and engine back in the frame with wheels on.  Pics available is interested.

PS: I had and RZ 350 hybrid (RG swingerarm/linkage/forks and wheels) 90 percent completed. Ran out of enthusiasm. Sold it 2 years ago.  Sad.

3 hours ago, wolfeman28 said:

Absolutely would be interested. Can you PM me pics?

I think the files are too large to PM them to you.  PM your email address and I'll get some pics and details to you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I owned a Stage II RZ350 for quite a few years.  Mesmerized by the yellow and black.  Bike was absolutely useless below 8,000 rpm.  Rode an RVF400 for a while and realized the RZ was just silly, so I sold it.  Now, would I buy some kind of AHRMA RZ350 race bike if I stumbled across one today?  Probably. :)