Should have bought one of these years ago.

Tonik

2 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

I see now, it's not just a Guage but a adapter as well.

Right and for me the important part is the 90 that clamps to the tire. My front is a nightmare if the gas station has one of those long straight chucks. And not enough room to get a 90 valve stem in there either.

I thought this was going to be your "I bought a busa" thread, you teasing bastard.

I have two tire gauges, an Accuguage I bought at an auto parts place for about $10, & a Motion Pro liquid filled one that was considerably more expensive & guaranteed to some professional degree of accuracy. Both read exactly the same. The Accuguage goes with me & the Motion Pro hangs on my garage wall.

• Upvote 2

I just kick em and see if the front feels mushy in the turns. 

Gauge makes the grip more predictable & keeps you from crashing sometimes.

"sometimes"

Plus it can be hard kicking the tires in a turn!

I went big on mine, but it's accurate to 1%, versatile chuck, and lifetime warranted through Snappy.  Since buying a NoMar, I guess I just didn't want to skimp on anything.

TIF160_v2.jpg

• Upvote 1

I went big on mine, but it's accurate to 1%, versatile chuck, and lifetime warranted through Snappy.  Since buying a NoMar, I guess I just didn't want to skimp on anything.

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.snapon.com%2FR_RRD%2FItemDetailImages%2FTIF160_v2.jpg&key=dbefc2fd9c36a81060d90a08f80f52a21fcda1de6f0367a8e056d6a4b73e2e86

I have a cheap harbor freight dial gage I've been using for years. I checked it against one like yours and a very high end digital one my uncle uses for drag racing that reads down to 1/4 lb increments. And my little HF one is pretty dead nuts with both or them. And the glass has been broken since day one on it. .lol..I paid $3.99 for it :Dhttp://m.harborfreight.com/110-psi-dial-tire-pressure-gauge-62699.html
  • Upvote 1

My cheap tire slime Guage reads to the 10th of a lb. And also has 2 other type measurement systems. But no fancy adapter or nothing. It's good for the quads for reading low pressures.

I loved my digital slime till it died.:(
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I have a cheap harbor freight dial gage I've been using for years. I checked it against one like yours and a very high end digital one my uncle uses for drag racing that reads down to 1/4 lb increments. And my little HF one is pretty dead nuts with both or them. And the glass has been broken since day one on it. .lol..I paid $3.99 for it :Dhttp://m.harborfreight.com/110-psi-dial-tire-pressure-gauge-62699.html

Yeah, I know there are much cheaper versions to be had....I just wanted to buy one and done.  This is a robust and well made tool, anything breaks and it's replaced, plus the convenience of Snappy coming to the shop every week saves me time and/or mileage dealing with retailers or shipping back for warranty.  So, I feel I got my money's worth :dunno:

Yeah, I know there are much cheaper versions to be had....I just wanted to buy one and done.  This is a robust and well made tool, anything breaks and it's replaced, plus the convenience of Snappy coming to the shop every week saves me time and/or mileage dealing with retailers or shipping back for warranty.  So, I feel I got my money's worth :dunno:

I'm just saying I got lucky, not that there is any thing wrong with what you have.
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 2talltim said:

I'm just saying I got lucky, not that there is any thing wrong with what you have.

No offense taken man....you definitely found a great deal.  I was simply explaining my side.  And there's nothing wrong with anyone else's choices here either.  I'd had a cheap Autozone type stick gauge lie to me by more than 10 pounds at the Gap last year, ultimately cost me a front tire/labor....so I made sure I showed my wallet who's the boss of my tire pressures.   :D