POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

This thread is absurd pretty much except for the OP & UP. This "mach retard" talk is bullshit. Certain people make me sound like hell on wheels but every ride I've ever led for OR has been at "the pace" as described by Nick Inetsch. Straightaway speeds are kept so that nobody get's their bike towed & goes to jail if they get pulled over.  Corner speed may be considered brisk to some, but it is intermediate by track standards. Stay calm & just ride. I won't even be at this ride unless it's Sunday because I have a new dog & I have guys coming over to install two new sliding doors on my house that day. Thank you very much & have a good evening.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jschaf said:

This thread is absurd pretty much except for the OP & UP. This "mach retard" talk is bullshit. Certain people make me sound like hell on wheels but every ride I've ever led for OR has been at "the pace" as described by Nick Inetsch. Straightaway speeds are kept so that nobody get's their bike towed & goes to jail if they get pulled over.  Corner speed may be considered brisk to some, but it is intermediate by track standards. Stay calm & just ride. I won't even be at this ride unless it's Sunday because I have a new dog & I have guys coming over to install two new sliding doors on my house that day. Thank you very much & have a good evening.

I cant speak for everyone, but i use the term mach retard as a term of respect. Much respect man.

• Upvote 4

It is my understanding that "Mach retard" means stupid fast as in Wide Open Throttle in the straights, hard braking, then as fast as you dare through the corners.  Not really appropriate for street riding. I've only been there a couple times & never on a group ride.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jschaf said:

It is my understanding that "Mach retard" means stupid fast as in Wide Open Throttle in the straights, hard braking, then as fast as you dare through the corners.  Not really appropriate for street riding. I've only been there a couple times & never on a group ride.

That would be my definition. But I'm old. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jschaf said:

You're not old. I suppose I was a sophomore in high school when you were hatched & I'm not old yet.

It's all relative! Noticing I'm on the other side of the age bracket on most of these track days and rides. The challenge is fun, but need to start hitting the gym. Endurance has been a issue, I get tired! 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I cant speak for everyone, but i use the term mach retard as a term of respect. Much respect man.

This is correct.

I can vouch since I'm pretty certain I was on the ride when this term was coined 

Edited by Bad324

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

@jschaf sorry didn't mean it as an negative, like Tonik said more than 90% of the forum regulars know u guys do the fastest and yet one of the safest group rides. The name was just a funny yet respectful name, and in its own way describe and warn other "new guys " to keep away unless they have couple of seasons under their belt. I rode with a ton of different kind of group so far and by far u guys have been the fastest and yet least squidly. And some thing peculiar to OR is almost all are atgatt and most group rides follow the "pace" principle. Once in a while you get the occasional guy on high powered bike blistering down the straights in max speed and breaking hard and snailing through the corners. 

In short, u guys ride really fast, but safe not denying that. Having said that your group ride needs to be treated with more caution and respect and only seasoned riders or guys with extremely level head should venture to join for their own sake.  This doesn't mean other newbies shouldn't, as all of you have been super friendly and help out the newest of new guys any day. I still remember @Uncle Punk sacrificing his whole ride to baby sit behind me at snail pace on my second ever group ride years ago. Will never forget that help and advice punk. 

Now after hearing this all the time, Two words can summarize that easily. Mach retard 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

This clique thing is perplexing to me, having rode with and tried to help as many riders here that I can while also knowing many other riders that do the same thing I find the accusation without merit.

I choose to only ride with level headed riders.  So, I guess that's my clique.  Much of the time it's level headed fast riders.  Sometimes it's other level header riders, some of them working on on technique or what not.

When someone starts spouting off a bunch of dumb shit, however, I tend to think there is something trying to be proven.  It makes me think they probably aren't a level headed rider.  So, in that case they probably aren't in my "clique." 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Oh, no. I'm on a 24 hour "no bullshit" vacation. Only Ben can undo what I've done, because Jim's balls are in my wife's purse. 

Wait, I though they were in Tim's wifes purse, even though he doesn't have a wife?  WAIT, you are Tim's wife I thought. Christ, does no one know where my balls are?

3 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I choose to only ride with level headed riders.  So, I guess that's my clique.  Much of the time it's level headed fast riders.  Sometimes it's other level header riders, some of them working on on technique or what not.

When someone starts spouting off a bunch of dumb shit, however, I tend to think there is something trying to be proven.  It makes me think they probably aren't a level headed rider.  So, in that case they probably aren't in my "clique." 

I tried to allude to this earlier by trolling but I guess it was too subtle.

I am probably the biggest whining pussy of the group that doesn't like to ride with new people unless their skills and or level headedness can be verified and attested to.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Every one of the guys that ride in the faster group is capable of leading the group and keeping everyone entertained and safe. They all are approachable and willing to help other riders with tips or techniques, some are even good at it.

This is the best part of the faster group.  

I learned from a group with a very similar mindset when I first got into serious street riding.

• Upvote 1

• Tonik pinned this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic