POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

Triumph wasn't ours, I didn't see it but he is hurt bad.

Home.

Thanks Derek, was a great route and well planned. Had a blast as usual running down with you.

Kudo's to my group. Best group evar. Well spaced, you were always back there where you should be when I looked, everyone having a blast and being safe.  Awesome signals from my sweep.

Brian, you sir are a saint. My last jar of Apple Pie Moonshine is yours.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 3

Well I had to spin off early as well but I'm still feeling the burn (says the old guy).

Medium group was paced perfectly by Helmut and Snot and everything was really well organized I thought. 

300.0 miles...  good ride! 

• Upvote 1

We did stop at Meijer before we got on to 33 for gas.

The guy who went down was with another group. From the looks of it he target fixated and missed the turn. Bike still had 30day tags and was in had shape. 

The guy got lucky, his helmet and gear saved him...he didn't know what happened. He was awake and knew his name, he could feel his toes and fingers. His left wrist looked broke. He was in bad shape, but calm and talking.

An off duty EMT stopped a few minutes after us and took over. 

Brown went to a house to call 911 (no signal), and another rider rode up a hill to get service. 

We did leave once the responders started showing up to get out of the way.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, snot said:

We did stop at Meijer before we got on to 33 for gas.

The guy who went down was with another group. From the looks of it he target fixated and missed the turn. Bike still had 30day tags and was in had shape. 

The guy got lucky, his helmet and gear saved him...he didn't know what happened. He was awake and knew his name, he could feel his toes and fingers. His left wrist looked broke. He was in bad shape, but calm and talking.

An off duty EMT stopped a few minutes after us and took over. 

Brown went to a house to call 911 (no signal), and another rider rode up a hill to get service. 

We did leave once the responders started showing up to get out of the way.

Snot did an awesome job!  She assisted the EMT who hopped out of a passing car.  She was right there with the man as soon as she was off her bike.  

• Upvote 2

Hooooooly shit I knew this guy was bad news, he went through the same corner I was waiting for you guys. He almost target fixated that corner and crashed :( looks like brand brand new rider. I might have video oh him running wide. Well many ran wide in that corner. Best part none from the OR groups ran wide :) 

• Upvote 2

Good riding from everyone in our group today.  Great meeting some new folk I'd not shook hands with yet, and always good to see the familiars as well.  

The guy on the ThruxyR got lucky, but still hurt pretty badly.  We got there just after it happened. He was wearing an oldschool open faced helmet and his face was battered and bloody.  He was spitting out some teeth, his right wrist was severly broken, and his left leg had a hefty puncture wound.  In and out of consciousness at first, but seemed to recover as Jen and the EMT did their best to assess him.  Hopefully no skull fractures - but a fullfaced helmet could've saved him some damage.  Definitely target fixation, no signs of hard braking - just blew the turn and down, and either he or his bike took out the sign post.  

Big kudos to my wife @snot for diving in to help the rider and @TheBrown57 who played safety car behind our group today.  He made sure the 911 call happened at the nearest house, and also acted as traffic buffer since this was in a blind downhill corner.  Cant believe none of this guys group were helping this man out?  Everyone was standing along side the road when we got there....W the fuck?! 

• Upvote 3

It was a lot of fun following the Medium group today! Looking through my footage now an I think most of it is pretty much crap. The fish eye effect that GoPros add make everyone look super far away from me but I'll edit down the best shots.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheBrown57 said:

It was a lot of fun following the Medium group today! Looking through my footage now an I think most of it is pretty much crap. The fish eye effect that GoPros add make everyone look super far away from me but I'll edit down the best shots.

Glad you showed bro.  Fate brought you to us today man.  You played a bit of a pivotal role in helping the downed rider situation, and Jen and I both liked having you as the secondary sweep for our group.  Thanks for coming out, and good to see you again

• Upvote 1

Yes big kuddos to @snot and @TheBrown57 She jumped right in there and was taken charge while us other riders had our thumbs in our butts ( only because we were not sure what to do for a downed rider. And yes the brown for fetching a land line and traffic buffer. Without him slowing down traffic that curve could of been worse. The truck was parked right in the moddle of the curve. Hellmitt and myself had to split the difference around it. He went left and i had my rear locked up dodging the truck a motocycle and two people standing on the shoulder. 

• Upvote 2

Not sure how many I ended up with...some idiot forgot to reset his overall trip...DOH! It was a pleasure to meet folks and I thoroughly enjoyed riding sweep for you Tonik. I will gladly do so again. You'll have to forgive me as I am horrid with names but great with faces. Looking forward to the next adventure!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wingman44 said:

Well I had to spin off early as well but I'm still feeling the burn (says the old guy).

Medium group was paced perfectly by Helmut and Snot and everything was really well organized I thought. 

300.0 miles...  good ride! 

50 minutes ago, RCBS said:

Had a great time riding today.  Thanks to everyone who made the day possible and for having me along!

Good riding, and good meeting you guys too, and no worries peeling off early.  You guys are welcome in our group anytime.  

6 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

Yes big kuddos to @snot and @TheBrown57 She jumped right in there and was taken charge while us other riders had our thumbs in our butts ( only because we were not sure what to do for a downed rider. And yes the brown for fetching a land line and traffic buffer. Without him slowing down traffic that curve could of been worse. The truck was parked right in the moddle of the curve. Hellmitt and myself had to split the difference around it. He went left and i had my rear locked up dodging the truck a motocycle and two people standing on the shoulder. 

I'm glad you kept it up on 2 wheels man....twice today you had a smoking locked rear tire.  You have good skills...dirtbike skills...sportbike skills...nunchuck skills...girls only like guys with good skills. :D

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GregWinslow said:

Thanks to Derek for organizing an Epic Ride and Hellmutt and Snot for running a great medium group.  Enjoyed my first run with OR and looking forward to more.

Good meeting/riding with you too man.  I dig that K12, and you tossed it around well today.  

17 minutes ago, TheBrown57 said:

Here's the footage I have of the downed rider. 

I guess since we got there shortly after it happened is why nobody was assisting the rider when we pulled up....but to arrive and see his buddies standing around while he is laying in the ditch alone, bugs me.  I dont have any emergency training, but logic and common sense tell me to at least make sure the guy doesn't try to move/get up if his bike isn't burning next to him, and to stay with him to keep him calm and awake.  Am I alone in this?

• Upvote 1

He was pretty much alone when he went by, unless he was slow and catching up to rest of the group. There were like 3 different groups others than us that went though that corner. Guessing the guys just stopped to help as well? Or they knew him?

Edited by NinjaDoc

Just now, NinjaDoc said:

He was pretty much alone when he went by, unless he was slow and catching up to rest of the group. There were like 3 different groups others than us that went though that corner 

There were 3 other guys riding with him, knew his name, and 2 were standing there while the 3rd was turning around up ahead.  I think they had pulled away from him and he was trying to catch back up to them

• Casper unpinned this topic