BLM

HeavyDuty

The problem today is the youth of the inter cities are being taught to idealize thugs and criminals and despise and disrespect any authority. The problem will only get worse unless that culture can be changed and that can only happen from within.

35 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Interesting. I cant think of hardly any protests in our entire history that didnt disrupt something.

They used to have the brains to target their protests torwards their microagressors. These days are like mcdonalds workers going on strike in front of the post office to block mail.

There are plenty of videos of them being hit by cars. they try to record the licence plate in this one.  ?

Compilation some foreign

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with you Tonik that people  live the life they see. I see it very often as a teacher. The idea that the apple does not fall from the tree holds very true most of the time. Sure you have some rare cases where they don't. My problem is I don't have an answer of how we intervene.

:lol: Can't we blame the whiteys protesting with them?

Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Male lives matter   95.7% of people shot by cops are male. 

I wish they had called the movement "Black Lives Matter, Too."   Then there wouldn't be any of the "All Lives Matter" rebuttal nonsense, feigning stupidity as to what they meant.

BLM is a good idea that's been poorly executed, and overtly exploited by violent assholes.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, redkow97 said:

I wish they had called the movement "Black Lives Matter, Too."   Then there wouldn't be any of the "All Lives Matter" rebuttal nonsense, feigning stupidity as to what they meant.

BLM is a good idea that's been poorly executed, and overtly exploited by violent assholes.

This I can get behind.  They tried to take the crowdsource mentality of Occupy and apply it to a different movement.  The problem is they took the part of Occupy that didn't work so well (leaderless, groupthink mentality) and tried to pin it to the only part of BLM that did work initially (the message that Black people were being disproportionately targeted/killed by police) until the former ate the latter.

My pasty white guy take on this is simple:  When you remove, or are perceived to have removed, all possible forms of legitimate accountability for people in positions of power, the only thing that the people are left with is vengeance.  I think a viable solution can be found to make everyone push back from the edge a bit, however that solution involves the PD's doing something that they really don't like:  admitting when they're wrong.  There are so many layers of protections to hide behind; qualified immunity, Garrity, the Union, and even each other that to the general public it's almost impossible to determine where an investigation is at, or if they even started one in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I don't believe there are that many bad cops. A very small minority. But when they get away with everything and are never held accountable then you start to distrust the entire system.

Its really hard to respect a good cop that is covering for a bad cop.

Lool at that chase in Cleveland that ended in 137 rounds being fired. Dont even lool at the shooting, just the chase.Multiplee officers failed to break off when ordered to. The senior cop in the chase...which makes him in charge..just pulled over and turned off his radio. There were boatloads of supensions, demotions and a firing or two.

EVERY one of them gotbackk pay, reinstated and full rank.

18 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

No accountability is the biggest issue at hand. Police policing themselves is just not the right way to run things. Want me to respect your uniform? Stand up for what it represents. Call out your bad cops. Arrest your bad cops. Punish your bad cops. 

Arrest the bad guys? It's almost novel when you think about it. 

The standard has gotten so low in America that even bringing charges is a big deal, especially when those charges are so overblown to try and generate temporary, short-term order that getting a conviction on them is impossible and the cycle begins anew.

I honestly believe the Slager trial in South Carolina is the canary in the coal mine.  The guy shot Walter Scott in the back while fleeing, and subsequently lied on his police report about him going for his Taser.  The Union's turned their back on him, but there are still plenty of layers to go.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Exactly. I don't believe there are that many bad cops. A very small minority. But when they get away with everything and are never held accountable then you start to distrust the entire system.

Its really hard to respect a good cop that is covering for a bad cop.

Lool at that chase in Cleveland that ended in 137 rounds being fired. Dont even lool at the shooting, just the chase.Multiplee officers failed to break off when ordered to. The senior cop in the chase...which makes him in charge..just pulled over and turned off his radio. There were boatloads of supensions, demotions and a firing or two.

EVERY one of them gotbackk pay, reinstated and full rank.

I'll do you one better:  During the Dorner manhunt, the LAPD pumping 102 rounds into a blue truck occupied by two women that looked nothing like Dorner, inside a truck that looked nothing like the grey truck Dorner was driving. How they both survived is a mystery to me, but the 8(!) officers involved had no criminal charges brought, and it's unclear exactly what kind of punishment they received since they weren't even named.

I understand that there are a ton of good cops out there, but when the stakes are this high that I have to be concerned about police with itchy trigger fingers that prefer to fire first and ask questions/make up the story later, I can't afford to automatically treat all police with the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I'll do you one better:  During the Dorner manhunt, the LAPD pumping 102 rounds into a blue truck occupied by two women that looked nothing like Dorner, inside a truck that looked nothing like the grey truck Dorner was driving. How they both survived is a mystery to me, but the 8(!) officers involved had no criminal charges brought, and it's unclear exactly what kind of punishment they received since they weren't even named.

I understand that there are a ton of good cops out there, but when the stakes are this high that I have to be concerned about police with itchy trigger fingers that prefer to fire first and ask questions/make up the story later, I can't afford to automatically treat all police with the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure criminal charges are warranted there unless you can show they knew it was the wrong truck and were trying to kill the women. If it is a 'mistake' criminal charges might not be appropriate. I work for the State, if I f up our computer systems and cause massive data loss I am fired, but not charged with destroying State property.

I will bet dollars to donuts they were disciplined and then the union got it all reversed.  And that is not right.

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2016 at 7:48 AM, HeavyDuty said:

I know there are bad cops out there but I have never run across a bad one. But then again I am always respectful and comply with their wishes. Having a son and daughter that are both cops they tell me the first 5 words out of your mouth will set the tone for the rest of your encounter with them. So don't be a stupid asshat right from the start. And if you are stopped for speeding just man up to it and take it most of the time township or county cops  will let you go with a warning if you not a smartass right from the star now with the highway patrol just smile and take the ticket their job is to mostly raise revenue.

How do you define a bad cop?  I was just at a camp out of that was mostly cops.  After many beers and a lot of whiskey the campfire stories were revealing.

There were many stories of guns, cash, drugs, and jewelry that never quite made it to the evidence room.  It was kind of a bragging session.  They feel entitled to steal these things for themselves.  Maybe all cops don't do it....but they are ALL aware of it and do nothing to stop it.  

I won't even get into to the the racist stuff.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

No accountability is the biggest issue at hand. Police policing themselves is just not the right way to run things. Want me to respect your uniform? Stand up for what it represents. Call out your bad cops. Arrest your bad cops. Punish your bad cops. 

Arrest the bad guys? It's almost novel when you think about it. 

This

Anyone else enjoy the video of protesters getting run over and hit by cars as much as I did? If you are going to sit in the middle of the intersection or road and I need to get somewhere. Better brace yourself because I'm not completely stopping for shit.