BLM

HeavyDuty

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, Bad324 said:
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, Bad324 said:

"YOU CANT JUDGE THE WHOLE BY THE ACTIONS OF A FEW"

Error 404

Edited by HeavyDuty

2 hours ago, HeavyDuty said:

Is there any difference then in the extremist of the Muslim faith? It is starting to look like the BLM has become nothing more than a hate group. It may have started out with good intentions but now it looks like it will not end that way.

Can we include many of these police departments in that description?

• Upvote 1

I know there are bad cops out there but I have never run across a bad one. But then again I am always respectful and comply with their wishes. Having a son and daughter that are both cops they tell me the first 5 words out of your mouth will set the tone for the rest of your encounter with them. So don't be a stupid asshat right from the start. And if you are stopped for speeding just man up to it and take it most of the time township or county cops  will let you go with a warning if you not a smartass right from the star now with the highway patrol just smile and take the ticket their job is to mostly raise revenue.

Edited by HeavyDuty

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nobody is saying good cops are a myth, but if you don't acknowledge a corruption problem within the policing system, then you're just being pig-headed. I know cops that are good people that will tell you (after a few beers, that is) that they work with shit cops. The officers all know who the bad apples are, but it's "policy" to keep your trap shut. Maybe in smaller towns it isn't an issue, but it's a thing. 

So cops are like any other Union or government job.

The ACLU obtained data also finds that African American and Latino neighborhoods also experience more violent crimes, resulting in more urgent emergency calls

Likewise, nearly all of the predominantly minority districts had more Priority 1 calls per officer when compared to white neighborhoods, which largely explains the continuing disparity in response times. Beat officers in minority districts have approximately 1.5 times more Priority 1 calls than beat officers in white districts. When special unit officers are included, the disparity is still 1.4 times greater. For example, the minority district of Grand Crossing had 2.6 times more Priority 1 calls per beat officer in September (23.7 calls) than officers in the white district of Lincoln/Foster (9.1 calls).

http://www.aclu-il.org/newly-released-data-shows-city-continues-to-deny-equitable-police-services-to-south-and-west-side-neighborhoods/

Until certain neighborhoods reduce their crime (10 calls per night in subsidized housing units) I don't know how they can suppress cops' survival instinct 

• Upvote 1

Well said Moto. The cops shooting people is a symptom of the greater disease.  That of generational poverty and lack of hope.

The US poverty rate is 15 percent and climbing. Worldwide it is 9 percent and falling.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

The US poverty rate is 15 percent and climbing. Worldwide it is 9 percent and falling.

Tonik do you have a link to this information? I was always taught we are the wealthiest country. This obviously puts a twist on that thought. I would like to read more about it. 

32 minutes ago, durk said:

Tonik do you have a link to this information? I was always taught we are the wealthiest country. This obviously puts a twist on that thought. I would like to read more about it. 

We are certainly one of the wealthiest countries in the world.  Assets per person in the US are high.  But our distribution of wealth is very top and middle heavy.  The have nots in the US really don't have fuck all.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/05/news/economy/poverty-world-bank/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

You can google US poverty levels and world and country poverty levels and find more.

Just now, drc32-0 said:

I noticed in the money. CNN  link there was another link titled  " The Trickle Down Theory Is Dead Wrong"Another Reagan era conservative lie proven wrong.

Doesn't look like Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama's plan's worked much better either.

• Upvote 4

On 7/9/2016 at 2:11 PM, Tonik said:

We are certainly one of the wealthiest countries in the world.  Assets per person in the US are high.  But our distribution of wealth is very top and middle heavy.  The have nots in the US really don't have fuck all.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/05/news/economy/poverty-world-bank/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

You can google US poverty levels and world and country poverty levels and find more.

Misleading stats.

The World Bank defines poverty at living on less than $1.90/day. The US defines poverty based on family incomes but it over $4000/yr ($11/day).

Not saying there isn't disparity in the US but US poor is not the same as world poor.

Craig

8 hours ago, HeavyDuty said:

Interesting

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 93 percent of black homicides were indeed committed by other blacks and 84 percent of white homicides were committed by other whites.

Not all that interesting...people usually kill the people they have the most interaction with.Kind of like most people die in crashes within 10 miles of their home.

Edited by drc32-0
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:06 AM, drc32-0 said:

Not all that interesting...people usually kill the people they have the most interaction with.Kind of like most people die in crashes within 10 miles of their home.

Edited by HeavyDuty

Maybe I just don't understand...anyone has a right to peaceful protest. When did it become ok to close roads, intersections, interstates, etc? Down here in Nashville they've been marching down main roads and holding up traffic, one hour sit downs at intersections. Memphis they shut down I 40...

I don't get it...maybe I'm not supposed to...

• Upvote 1