'04 Kawasaki ZZR1200 for sale s.e. Michigan $3750.00

DeansZG

In order to preserve my drivers license, I'm listing my '04 ZZR 12 for sale:

004.JPG

'04 ZZR1200 w/ 35k ish.. miles on it (& they will go up as it does daily commuting & weekend playing). I bought the bike in '12 & thought I could make a decent sport-tourer out of it wanting something a little different than the C10 Concours I sold previous.... turns out that while it's a fun bike, even w/ the mods, it'll never be what I miss about the Concours..
Anywho, here's the skinny: Metz Z6 f & r tires have about 1500 miles on them, 3 windscreens; oem, Mra w/ extender, & Ermax w/ MRA extender, C10 handlebars, which are taller than the oem bars w/ blocks that most people install, heated grips, Corbin seat, Tutoro chain oiler just installed, new chain & sprockets not installed, & old style Krauser saddlebags. A trunk is also included but not pictured. I've got some hard rubber shock cushions under the base of the mirrors to give a better rearward view than looking at your elbows. Also have a ram mount off the mirror bolt hole on the clutch side. Playing / commuting will return around the low-mid 30's gas mileage & have netted about 250 miles from a tankful during weekend trips.  Can send better pics if requested.       Bike is located about 1/2 hr. n. of Toledo

Will discuss pricing w/ serious inquiries.... still riding / enjoying the bike, not going to give it away.... Not looking to trade for anything either.... Looking to regain garage space due to another purchase!

Question -- you done anything about the Z12 cam-chain tensioner issues? The starter motor, especially when started in gear, will sometimes overwhelm the automatic tensioner, and the tensioner arm will whack the clutch basket.

They have a few set-screw-and-CNC remedies that don't cost too much.

Awesome bike!

Great motor as long as it never ran on its side.  Had a ZRX which has the same motor, gobs of torque and still pulls up top.  The ZZR has better cams and a 6th gear which makes it an even better motor.

GLWS

8 hours ago, Ryan_c_F said:

Question -- you done anything about the Z12 cam-chain tensioner issues? The starter motor, especially when started in gear, will sometimes overwhelm the automatic tensioner, and the tensioner arm will whack the clutch basket. They have a few set-screw-and-CNC remedies that don't cost too much.

Motor is bone stock & haven't had any issues w/ the oem set-up, unlike my C10 Concours @ < 20k miles.  On the C10, I used an A.P.E. tensioner which took care of that issue..