Pony Powersports would like to cordially invite you to our Ducati Experience Tour

Iron Pony

Look what just landed at our facility!!! Pony Powersports would like to cordially invite you to our Ducati Experience Tour (demo days) on July 8-10 from 9am-5pm @ our dealership. We will have the following bikes fueled up and ready for you to test ride all three days: (4) Multistrada 1200S, (2) XDiavel, (1) XDiavel S, (1) Diavel Carbon, (1) Monster 1200R, (1) Monster 821, (2) 959 Panigale, (1) Hypermotard Strada, (1) Hypermotard & (2) Scramblers.

*All riders and passengers must be 21 years or older and wear proper riding attire that includes DOT approved helmet, over the ankle closed-toe shoes, jacket, gloves and eye protection. All riders must also present a valid motorcycle endorsement.

We look forward to seeing you on the best DUC days of Summer @ Pony Powersports July 8-10

13582096_1476029189090218_5602461266519186165_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

I'm going to be there...how many bikes is a person allowed to demo?

Which day are going Scuba?  I'm jugging time between the demo, AMA and the Good Guys show. 

Probably Sunday for me as well. I have something going on Sat morning that I'd rather not put off and I'd like to get to IP bright and early before you church people finish up and the drunks arouse from their stupor and decide to head over :thefinger:

I'm up for doing lunch afterwards

I really, really liked the Multistrada. That motor just wants to GO. Even in tour mode, the front wheel threatened to loft in second gear just rolling on. Super nice bike! There was one Ducati model I wasn't allowed to ride...

ducati.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I really, really liked the Multistrada. That motor just wants to GO. Even in tour mode, the front wheel threatened to loft in second gear just rolling on. Super nice bike!

Damnit.  I'm trying to find chinks in the armor of this thing so I'll quit considering it an option....you're not helping my case :D

I've never looked into maintenance, etc on it so that might make it less attractive. I'm sure they aren't cheap to maintain but if you are paying $20k for a bike, you *should* be able to afford the maintenance. There are no Ducati dealers within 1.5hrs of me so that's a dealbreaker for me right away. I still love my Tenere but the MS definitely has it outclassed in the fun factor category unless your fun lies off-road.

5 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I've never looked into maintenance, etc on it so that might make it less attractive. I'm sure they aren't cheap to maintain but if you are paying $20k for a bike, you *should* be able to afford the maintenance. There are no Ducati dealers within 1.5hrs of me so that's a dealbreaker for me right away. I still love my Tenere but the MS definitely has it outclassed in the fun factor category unless your fun lies off-road.

I've got CompAcc as a semi local dealer ( 40 miles ) but unsure about the competence of their Duc service.  Maintenance wouldn't be too horrible for me since I only ride 5-6k miles a year.  Pricetag was my biggest hurdle, with DVT and electronic issues on the latest gen being the 2nd.  We'll see.  Haven't ruled it out completely, but it's tough to overlook the lightly used market....especially once more of the new gens start trading/selling.

I had a good time.  I rode the Diavel Carbon which I really like.  Not sure that I like it at $18,000 but it was nice.  Caught up with @ScubaCinci for a bit.  The highlight of the trip was the senior gentlemen in a Harley Davidson jacket.  At every stop, he was revving the shit out of the 959.  After the ride he was all smiles.  I told his wife that she needed to give him the checkbook.   She told me that if he did he would need to write a check for an apartment.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

I really, really liked the Multistrada. That motor just wants to GO. Even in tour mode, the front wheel threatened to loft in second gear just rolling on. Super nice bike! There was one Ducati model I wasn't allowed to ride...

ducati.jpg

The picture doesn't do her justice.  She was "Very Nice!" as my buddy Borat would say.  Never mind she is probably half my age. :)