ITT Win or get BANNED!! Oprah rules.

Tonik

Wow, these guys are really giving each other up. It's every man for themselves at this point.  @2talltim saw that @ScubaCinci threw him under the bus and now texts me that he doesn't feel so bad about Joe breaking down Sunday.

No honor among thieves is the saying isn't it? 

15 minutes to go.  Betting in about 13 minutes @2talltim will be hitting refresh on his tapatalk....trying to see if the ban is lifted. Or if it is extended. Wait, since he was the ring leader should he get his day, and Joe's and Sam's?  And they get off?

• Tonik unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, whaler said:

I want my Sunkist back...

?

WTF is that?

EDIT: Haha, the one you bought me.  Yea, it tasted really good knowing later in the day I was going to ban your ass.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

Next time let us buy our way out with 1000 points... So we can tell peeps where to find us at the track...lol

Here... But leaving for MI and will not be back for a bit...

Edited by snot

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

The three :asshat: 's ruined it for everyone.

How exactly? A security hole was identified and patched and we all had a little fun in the process. Plus you didn't have to put up with our sorry asses for a few days. I'd say it was a win all the way around. The dome of hate is growing...

34 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

How exactly? A security hole was identified and patched and we all had a little fun in the process. Plus you didn't have to put up with our sorry asses for a few days. I'd say it was a win all the way around. The dome of hate is growing...

Thats one way to look at it. Here is another.

A security hole was found, you and your cohorts in crime didnt disclose how you did it, and instead exploited it for you own gain. You are all texbook definitions of black hat hackers. Making something work as other than as intended for nefarious purposes.

Then after Casper and I figured it and fixed the bug and you were banned you knuckleheads started texting me. So no, I didnt get a break from you guys at all.

You are all grounded.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Thats one way to look at it. Here is another.

A security hole was found, you and your cohorts in crime didnt disclose how you did it, and instead exploited it for you own gain. You are all texbook definitions of black hat hackers. Making something work as other than as intended for nefarious purposes.

Then after Casper and I figured it and fixed the bug and you were banned you knuckleheads started texting me. So no, I didnt get a break from you guys at all.

You are all grounded.

C'mon...you are making it sound like the site was in imminent risk of attack/damage/loss. A ban was skirted by using a legitimate app supported by the site without modification, trickery, or mirrors. It was a loophole in the system. You guys certainly could've texted/emailed me (or others) and asked if it was that much of a concern so let's not pretend it was code red. :popo:

And to set the record straight, at least for me, I can't speak for others...I texted you today - not when it was fixed and it certainly wasn't to plead for clemency.

Not trying to be a dick, just don't want anyone to have skewed perceptions.

9 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

C'mon...you are making it sound like the site was in imminent risk of attack/damage/loss. A ban was skirted by using a legitimate app supported by the site without modification, trickery, or mirrors. It was a loophole in the system. You guys certainly could've texted/emailed me (or others) and asked if it was that much of a concern so let's not pretend it was code red. :popo:

And to set the record straight, at least for me, I can't speak for others...I texted you today - not when it was fixed and it certainly wasn't to plead for clemency.

Not trying to be a dick, just don't want anyone to have skewed perceptions.

Not trying to be a dick either, but there are other skewed perceptions that need to be cleared up it would seem.

I most certainly did ask one of your co-conspirators to reveal the details of the bug. He said not until the ban was over.  Second, Tapatalk is not a legitimate app.  It is a major privacy invasion for the people that use it, and to a certain extent to the people that don't that are reading threads where Tapatalk users have posted pics.  It really is some bad shit. Surprised you used it for any reason at all.

Now, I do agree that you never texted me asking for clemency.  You skipped right past that and went straight to asking for a reward for finding the bug. But you know how bug bounties go, you disclose, do not abuse and keep it a secret until the owners have a reasonable chance to fix it.

And now the big one, the idea of changing the ban for you three from expiring Monday to Tuesday wasn't 'extra', nor a 'punishment'. It would have simply been the fair thing to do. You know me, I am fair as hell. You agreed to the possibility of a 48 hour ban.  Because of the bug you were only banned for 24 hours.  Changing it to end on Tuesday would have only been a 48 hour ban, as originally agreed to.

So, all in all, I would say I have been a damn nice guy on all of this.  You should give me rep or points or something.   :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Not trying to be a dick either, but there are other skewed perceptions that need to be cleared up it would seem.

I most certainly did ask one of your co-conspirators to reveal the details of the bug. He said not until the ban was over.  Second, Tapatalk is not a legitimate app.  It is a major privacy invasion for the people that use it, and to a certain extent to the people that don't that are reading threads where Tapatalk users have posted pics.  It really is some bad shit. Surprised you used it for any reason at all.

Now, I do agree that you never texted me asking for clemency.  You skipped right past that and went straight to asking for a reward for finding the bug. But you know how bug bounties go, you disclose, do not abuse and keep it a secret until the owners have a reasonable chance to fix it.

And now the big one, the idea of changing the ban for you three from expiring Monday to Tuesday wasn't 'extra', nor a 'punishment'. It would have simply been the fair thing to do. You know me, I am fair as hell. You agreed to the possibility of a 48 hour ban.  Because of the bug you were only banned for 24 hours.  Changing it to end on Tuesday would have only been a 48 hour ban, as originally agreed to.

So, all in all, I would say I have been a damn nice guy on all of this.  You should give me rep or points or something.   :lol:

Neg rep for asking for rep. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Neg rep for asking for rep. :lol:

Those are the rules, well done sir. I would make another account and give myself neg rep also but that is against the rules.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You left out the part where I immediately replied and said I was joking and I shouldn't be credited for finding the bug because I didn't find shit...I don't normally use the TT app. I don't disagree with your fairness point though. It's all good. Obviously I wasn't aware of any correspondence you had with others about it.

Serious question - how is the Tapatalk app a privacy invasion? I'm honestly not understanding that piece. Doesn't the site need a plug-in or otherwise enable connection via TT and users have to still log in? I've implemented/administered a few forums but it predates those type of apps so I'm not not familiar with the API.

• Downvote 1

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

Serious question - how is the Tapatalk app a privacy invasion? I'm honestly not understanding that piece. Doesn't the site need a plug-in or otherwise enable connection via TT and users have to still log in? I've implemented/administered a few forums but it predates those type of apps so I'm not not familiar with the API.

Yes, it uses a plug in.

Tapatalk hijacks all links posted via TapaTalk and I believe images and uses a url shortener of shorts so that when I view a pic you post with tapatalk or click a link you posted I end up getting one of their bullshit cookies and end up in their bullshit tracking system. The original developer is still with Tapatalk, he is a real dick head. He sold it and his soul to some investment firm that is now focused on monetizing it and generating cash. Part of my hatred is I bought the full version prior to him selling out, so I should be exempt from their shenanigans, but am not.  

I love Tim to death, in a non-homo way, but If I owned this place I would get rid of that crap in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 2