Another "I got a new bike" thread

blue72beetle

Congrats!  Any issues with a jerky throttle at surface street speeds?  There have been lots of complaints on the GSXS forum but the one that I test rode earlier this week was fine.  It didn't feel much different than the throttle of my FZ-07 other than pulling a metric shit ton harder.  I think that Suzuki quietly made an adjustment at some point.

11 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

Congrats!  Any issues with a jerky throttle at surface street speeds?  There have been lots of complaints on the GSXS forum but the one that I test rode earlier this week was fine.  It didn't feel much different than the throttle of my FZ-07 other than pulling a metric shit ton harder.  I think that Suzuki quietly made an adjustment at some point.

I only noticed it being a problem when going over those stupid buckles on the highways, and really rough pavement. You know those mini speedbumps that happen every 100 feet from the road contracting and expanding, just big enough to jar you when you hit them unexpectedly. 

I'm going to get that revised throttle tube that lots of other people have installed on the GSXS forum, and I'm guessing that will take care of 90% of it. A lot cheaper than a power commander.

Observations from the 150 miles ride home: It's very comfy. Stock seat is better than any other stock seat I've been on, but I'll still be buying a Corbin or Sargent when they decide to make one. More wind blast than I expected. But that windscreen isn't very big, may experiment with some bigger ones. Suzuki seems to have designed this bike with Americans in mind from the get-go. Comfy, good ergos, no need to upgrade the mirrors, you can actually see everything behind you. And the power.... this bike is a rocket ship. Course, I've never had a liter bike before.

Oh, and on low beams, only the left headlight illuminates. Waiting for the "hey your headlight is out" comments to start.

A solid buy.  Heard a lot of good about these as well.   And the headlight thing.....I'm a stickler for symmetry, and every dual headlamped bike I've ever owned always had dual element bulbs in both sockets.   Never understood the single sided low beam deal, makes no sense to me.   Bikers need to be seen, and need to see in the dark, so why not just wire both for low/high beam?   It's an easy fix if you tether the right bulb in with the left and run dual element bulbs in both, but I believe one still shouldn't have to do that

Well done. Very nice looking ride. Is Nick & Von's Rib Room restaurant still in business? They had good food at a decent price. I used to work the Ft. Wayne market in the mid seventies. I was snowed in Ft. Wayne during the Blizzard of 1978. I had a blast at the motel I where I was stuck. 

43 minutes ago, BudDaytonRat said:

Well done. Very nice looking ride. Is Nick & Von's Rib Room restaurant still in business? They had good food at a decent price. I used to work the Ft. Wayne market in the mid seventies. I was snowed in Ft. Wayne during the Blizzard of 1978. I had a blast at the motel I where I was stuck. 

Yep, still around. Now has a wine bar too.

27 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

you trade the SV?

No, I still have it. I made that mistake once. Although I'm sure it will get a lot less miles put on it now.

3 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

And the headlight thing.....I'm a stickler for symmetry, and every dual headlamped bike I've ever owned always had dual element bulbs in both sockets.   Never understood the single sided low beam deal, makes no sense to me.  

Idiot blind  drivers think close dual motorcycle headlights are a far away car and turn infront. I do like having spare element if one goes though.