Introducing Ohio Riders Points System

Casper

The new "Points" system is live. You get points for posting new content (events, topics, comments, etc) and receiving rep. I may add more in the future. As of now, you've all been front loaded with a point for each reputation point and each post. 

So, what can you do with points? Right now, you can exchange 10000 points for 1yr supporter membership. You can also transfer points to other members if you want. Maybe to say thank you, maybe because you don't care about the points. Whatever. 

You can see info about your points here: https://ohioriders.net/?app=points&module=points&controller=economy

Point accrual rates may change. As well, I may add more activities which earn points. We'll see how it goes. I mainly wanted a way to thank active members for being here and making OR a great place. 

Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Idiot said:

My only real problem with the "points economy" is that it doesn't look like I can go negative.

Why can't I run a deficit?

If we get someone from the federal government to join I bet they will figure it out real quick.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

What is this paging and @shit lol im trying to figure out this new shit slowly. Im here and I have points woohoo :) 

now quit looking down on midgets

You can tag people. @MidgetTodd. Just type @ then start typing the username. A list will show up. Select the user you want to tag. They'll get a notification that they've been tagged. 

On June 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Vulcan_Rider said:

Depends on just how efficient Casper can get his bot

I've been looking into a way to give points for "firsts". Would be cool for like 100 bonus points for first...

• Upvote 1