Ram Mount X-Grip?

Casper

That tether looks like a pain in the ass. I don't have one and never seen a need for one. Mine is a GS5 in a otterbox defender.

The tether is really simple. Just loops around the corners of the phone. Stops the x-grip from rotating along with keeping it in the grip. I rode many miles on my SV without the tether. But I think the wind off the FZ09 makes it more prone to getting pulled out. My GS5 Active took a 75 mph leap and survived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mango_sv said:

The tether is really simple. Just loops around the corners of the phone. Stops the x-grip from rotating along with keeping it in the grip. I rode many miles on my SV without the tether. But I think the wind off the FZ09 makes it more prone to getting pulled out. My GS5 Active took a 75 mph leap and survived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have a windshield, but I have wind tested mine up to 135 with no issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love mine but it's the stem mount (on the VFR) and it does tend to rotate around a little.  I'm probably going to get a handlebar clamp for it before too long.