Ram Mount X-Grip?

Casper

X-Grip works very well. Never had issues. Use it for iPhone and sattlite radio . I also have that stem mount on  the Super Hawk. Some issues. The cone piece needs cut to fit the hole in stem which is not a problem. My issue was that it was more like plastic than rubber and does not want to stay tight. The little screw is not strong enough to compress it as it should. One day I'll find a softer rubber plug and repair that issue.  Maybe they have changed that or I just got a bad one.  I would buy it again. 

Hit your link, only one left. I bought it, cuz.

I have used one on two bikes. So 85k miles...its been flawless. Easy to use and rock solid. But as I said, I just bought the last one so the point is moot.

Edit. Mine is a clamp mount. Cant speak to the stem mount. Yet.

Edited by Tonik

Been using x grip for a long time, even had the bigger one once to mount small tablet, never had any issue. Stem mount like jerry said kinda feels less solid, not like it will come off or anything, just might nag you with it rotating a bit over time etc. moved mine to fixed ram mount and it's perfect. 

The tethers come with the x-grip now. 

Hmm... didn't get one with the one I ordered last month. But they are a great investment. I've had my phone jump out twice - once in the rain when I hit a large bump on the interstate, and once landing a wheelie a little hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Never had a problem with LifeActive. Some may not like adding pad to their case, but I don't mind.  Have one for both my bike and the wifes bike, as well as my Jeep.  I like how discreet it is when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifeproof-LifeActiv-Bike-Mount-Quickmount/dp/B00UIF2GW2/ref=pd_sim_107_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=318KNtTv9sL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=NXP5XJSVDD3HHZD3ZVMS

I'm using the X-Grip with Handlebar mount - Works great, comes with the tether, but I rarely use it.  I did very slightly bend the prongs to it so the ends would be more on my phone with the case on it.  Never had an issue, don't really offroad with it, but I definitely took it up well into the 140+ mark. 

This is the mount I have, I have one on both sides. one for my phone and the other side is a cup holder for long trips.

https://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-Motorcycle-Clutch-Reservoir/dp/B0012TT8BK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1466188791&sr=1-1&keywords=ram+mount+clutch

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, jdonn said:

I really should learn to READ - I don't have a hole in my stem on my new bike. So - Had to cancel... I will need to pick up the handlebar mounted one.

Idk if the FJ-09 is the same as my FJR, but i use one of these.

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=29