Epic Ride 2016 Improvements

DerekClouser

Here's the place to voice your opinions on anything you thought that could be improved or added to the next events to make it better.  

Not guaranteeing the implementation of anything, but no idea will go unnoticed.  

i.e. (Did we like the cookout after the event?  How would you change it?)

Only thing I know we can get a little better at is staging groups at the end.  The medium group went out before the Med-Fast and that was part my fault because I was organizing everyone and didn't get dressed quick enough.  Maybe a better gas stop indicator so people knew where to stop for gas.  

I really want to hear from the people who had never attended before and this was your first event?  Thinking maybe we could get all the first timers to introduce themselves to everyone during the speech to kind of break the ice a bit... not sure.  

Let me know. 

Lobster with melted butter & lemon, & If we could get someone to go out with a broom & sweep all the gravel off the roads beforehand the ride would be not just epic but awesome. Oh, just woke up

• Upvote 1

I think the cookout afterwards was a nice touch and enabled those that stayed to eat a chance to chat more with other members.  Years past when we finished, not many would stick around so we had time to go nab dinner somewhere else on the way home.  So if it's possible at next years destination to cookout, I call that a winning idea.  Maybe an annual GoFundMe account would be a better way for attendees to contribute to the ride/food too.

How about we station the groups in advance like we've done in Logan.  That way each group can head out as the next faster group leaves before them.  Worked well.

7 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Lobster with melted butter & lemon, & If we could get someone to go out with a broom & sweep all the gravel off the roads beforehand the ride would be not just epic but awesome. Oh, just woke up

I second that, lets add some filet and make it surf & turf!  Need some pop up canopies, so I can park in the shade.  Oh almost forgot, clear all the asshats off the roads so we can have a clean ride and not need to pass!

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 8:11 AM, snot said:

Remembering to get the group photo before the fast group leaves was nice.

I thought we made it into the group photo this year?

Edit: Nvm misunderstood what you said.

Edited by TimTheAzn

My personal goal is to pray and get a full off that day so I can complete the ride for once, it's been a while ...or even better zig zag in between and make a full video and picture session like the last big one we had. :D .. Well I shouldn't be greedy I guess as of now at least I am able to come meet every one. 

12 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

My personal goal is to pray and get a full off that day so I can complete the ride for once, it's been a while ...or even better zig zag in between and make a full video and picture session like the last big one we had. :D .. Well I shouldn't be greedy I guess as of now at least I am able to come meet every one. 

You know whats funny is I was about to say "Have Nivin come join and ride with us".

I hope (dream) we can do a Grand colOR-FALL Ride :D with a slightly milder agenda than pure mile munching and speed, (may be some other better name lol ) 

first half ride through some nice scenic  colorful roads covered bridges etc, may be take a very small break in between for people to sit down and eat, nothing fancy just grabbing a burger and sitting in a park is best, then finish the second half of ride with a bang in the choicest twisty while people out for scenic and relaxed ride can split off to home or finish route at their leisurely pace. 

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Oh. Now I'm sad. Thanks, Obama. ?

Obama... :nono: ...Sorry, I guess "change" was a poor choice of words.   Possibly it was only this years plan, but anyone could host a fall ride too.

Hosting two rides is fantastic, I just feel people don't make an effort to attend the rides because 'theres always the other one', then they don't attend the second one either.  Up to you guys, I certainly have the time to organize a Fall one.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Hosting two rides is fantastic, I just feel people don't make an effort to attend the rides because 'theres always the other one', then they don't attend the second one either.  Up to you guys, I certainly have the time to organize a Fall one.  

We can keep it simple, Don't put too much effort into it Derek, certainly don't get family to haul food down. Let's just post a ride up, u just pick a date early fall to avoid too low temp, (don't even post a "date" poll because we never get a unanimous decision)

who ever shows up we can split up and go for a ride :) if just few we do a usual group ride, it's win win either ways 

• Upvote 1

Derek puts a shit ton of effort into the yearly ride.  I don't think anybody in their right mind would expect a 2nd of the same caliber.  That being said I like the idea of an informal fall ride.