Rt. 555 from Chesterhill to Zanesville

Kruse08

lol, 555 isn't historically a road, it's the descendant of a wagon trail built of logs that ran from Zanesville to the Ohio River. Speed limit was probably single digit. I still like it, but don't believe any of the signage that's there. Multiple signs in a turn means "everyone wrecks here anyway" and is not likely a normal turn in a road. Think horses and wagons...

I was also impressed by some of the blind turns in the road where you couldn't see it, after topping over a rise you didn't know was there. One in particular (North-bound) would have launched from the peak in the road and over the top of a house trailer and off down into a meadow valley.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ReconRat said:

lol, 555 isn't historically a road, it's the descendant of a wagon trail built of logs that ran from Zanesville to the Ohio River. Speed limit was probably single digit. I still like it, but don't believe any of the signage that's there. Multiple signs in a turn means "everyone wrecks here anyway" and is not likely a normal turn in a road. Think horses and wagons...

I was also impressed by some of the blind turns in the road where you couldn't see it, after topping over a rise you didn't know was there. One in particular (North-bound) would have launched from the peak in the road and over the top of a house trailer and off down into a meadow valley.

Yeah.. I think homeowners are required to carry flying motorcycle insurance on any structure within 50' of the road. Lol

I did ride it Friday, start to finish. Overall it was pretty clean. The section south Ringgold is wonderful with the fresh pavement. I took 144 back to 329, hit 377 and 78 west through Glouster. 340 miles for the day.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I did ride it Friday, start to finish. Overall it was pretty clean. The section south Ringgold is wonderful with the fresh pavement. I took 144 back to 329, hit 377 and 78 west through Glouster. 340 miles for the day.

Temps look great for a fast loop tomorow 6/13.  Little fog early but going to do the same route but 78E out of Glouster to Ringold and then the same loop back to the Hock.