6/5 NEO-SEO & back.

jschaf

On 5/27/2016 at 6:45 PM, jschaf said:

Thinking Millersburg, Otsego, 83, 78, 377, 676, 26, 260, 255 or 800, 556, etc. Subject to change. Pace will be fairly brisk. Any riders interested?

Interested . . . Hmmm Sunday 6/5/2016!

Anymore details please?

Meet spot, Time, Kickstands up time, etc?

Possibly meet up with you guys once you're a bit south. I need to do some errands this weekend to get ready for the gap trip next week but if Sunday is free, I'll see about making it over for some fun.

Meet spots/departure time: Millersburg  Marathon/8:00, Otsego (83 intersects 93)/9:00, McConnelsville Marathon/ 10:15.  Take a look for my post in this thread Saturday night. If it doesn't look like we'll have at least 80% dry roads I probably won't be going.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

I want to know if you are familiar with Jim's pace?

You mean Mach Retard?

Yet he seems to be perfectly safe and in control at that pace.  Quite amazing actually, I am Jelly.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

You mean Mach Retard?

Yet he seems to be perfectly safe and in control at that pace.  Quite amazing actually, I am Jelly.

Right. I just want to make sure that the new guy knows when Jim says "Pace will be fairly brisk", it means that the pace is going to be pretty hot for most riders. 

That said, I dont know the skill level of Warren. I do not think I've met or ridden with him. 

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Right. I just want to make sure that the new guy knows when Jim says "Pace will be fairly brisk", it means that the pace is going to be pretty hot for most riders. 

That said, I dont know the skill level of Warren. I do not think I've met or ridden with him. 

Yep, I was just taking it to the next level and being very clear what the pace is going to be like.  And like you I don't know Warren or his abilities.  I only know I would crash in the first corner if I was at Jim's pace.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

Still want to be in depending on if I can get another 50 miles in to get that break in oil change done. It's been a rough week and my mind and body has refused to go to sleep until at least 1 am...

9 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Still want to be in depending on if I can get another 50 miles in to get that break in oil change done. It's been a rough week and my mind and body has refused to go to sleep until at least 1 am...

Just change it man.

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I do not want to discourage you from this ride, but since you are a new member, I want to know if you are familiar with Jim's pace?

I am not familiar with Jims pace, but thanks for the heads up. I'll wait to hear what jacob recommends

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yep, I was just taking it to the next level and being very clear what the pace is going to be like.  And like you I don't know Warren or his abilities.  I only know I would crash in the first corner if I was at Jim's pace.

I am fairly new here, and I havnt rode with anyone besides jacob. I guess I'll wait to hear from him and what he suggests

Warren, get more gear now if you want to go on this ride.  All, when I met Warren, he didn't have much on, but we talked and he seemed like a reasonable guy.  We rode a very mild pace together and he was on it.  But seriously man, if you show up like you were the other day, none of these guys will ride with you, and you shouldn't at Jim's pace.  I would not discourage you from going out and meeting these guys, but be prepared to ride your own ride and meet at the road changes or gas stops.  I'll be at the Nelsonville music fest, otherwise I'd  join you all.

After you said somthing about the gear, I went out and bought a jacket and pants with the protective armor and also a pair of gloves. But I will probably sit this ride out given that it wI'll be at a pretty hot pace

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

Don't let these guys scare you off. Here's some insight on how this group ride pace thing works. Nobody should be concerned much with what the lead rider or any other riders pace is because the group will be waiting at every turnoff for the last rider to show up before proceeding. These are not Isle of Man style/ Mach retard rides so straightaway speeds will be limited to the point where little or no braking should be required at corner entrys. If you attend this ride all that I ask is that you "ride your own ride". This means that you must be able to recognize when your corner speed starts to feel uncomfortable & back it off a bit when that happens. A good sign that you are uncomfortable is when your arms & shoulders start to tense up. When you slow down, the rider in front of you may disappear into the distance but that's OK!  We all would rather wait a little bit for you at the next turnoff than see you injured or dead & your bike smashed up. That being said, if you are not totally comfortable with going 70 in the straights & passing safely in double yellow zones you should probably opt out of this ride so the rest of us can get home at a reasonable time. Thanks for reading. Hope I wasn't too preachy.

Exactly, I don't ride Jim's pace but have a great safe time when we've gotten together.  Warren, if you are able to go, you'll have fun.