2000 sv650 wont start

o-no-moto

Getting ready to tear into my buddys 2000 sv 650. Is there a common no start problem and are the carbs fed with a fuel pump or gravity? It just cranks it might even be a spark problem i dont know yet.

With key on i never heard any pump priming.  Removed both plugs and cranked for sprark. Front plug had a thin white bluish spark and wouldn't jump to the center electrode every time most the time it jumped to the outside edge of the plug. The rear was a different story. No spark at all on the rear at first. Pulled the ground strap back and cleaned the strap and electrode and closed the gap down to about .025 just to see if they would light. The rear then started to spark but no better than the front plug. Threw them back in to see if it would fire. It kinda tried but no luck. Told my buddy to bring me a set of plugs and we will start fresh. I would say they looked to be gapped about 40-50 thousands any one know about the gap size? Also while cranking it does puff gas a gas and fuel mixture so i am not worried about that yet.

I saw a data plate on the right frame with the tire air pressure. Is the gap hidden in there is os the another somewhere else. Been super busy getting the new house together 

Well put in the new plugs and presto bike fired up. Did notice that the spark was thin  but hey it started. What should the idle be at. It wants to be at 1000 but kills it shelf. Might be due to the weak sprark because i notice a little studder during take off.