Hide your RFID cards.

Tonik

Ha, a lot more than RFID can be remotely read with state-of-the-art SIGINT (signals intelligence). Wouldn't be surprised if the number and size of the fillings in your teeth could be monitored and matched to a database.

I also use a stainless steel wallet to block, and the passport case thingy.

edit: specifically ELINT (electronic intelligence)

Edited by ReconRat

Everyone freaks out about these chips on thier credit cards. I could care less. Why? Simple fact that you are NEVER responsible for fraudulent charges. I've prob had thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges on my CC'S over the years and a simple phone call and they are reversed with in 48 hours and a new card is on it way to me. I don't loose any sleep over it. Another tip dobt use your debit card any where other than the bank that issued it to you, you DO NOT want thieves to have access you YOUR money.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Everyone freaks out about these chips on thier credit cards. I could care less. Why? Simple fact that you are NEVER responsible for fraudulent charges. I've prob had thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges on my CC'S over the years and a simple phone call and they are reversed with in 48 hours and a new card is on it way to me. I don't loose any sleep over it. Another tip dobt use your debit card any where other than the bank that issued it to you, you DO NOT want thieves to have access you YOUR money.

I believe the biggest complaint is from RFID "check/debit card" holders since it's their money on the line. 

Credit cards are not RFID, they are EMV. Other than the few that say 'wave' or 'pass' on them like Visa PayWave. There were no credit cards in the above video, it was about  the prox sensor systems for door locks.  You may have noticed my kid opened a door...he didn't buy shit.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:46 AM, 2talltim said:

Gotta look at the bigger picture. CC theft may not cost you money directly, but it costs the card issuers and guess who they are going to pass those costs on to?

I get on my wife all the time because she orders clothes in 3 sizes and then returns at least the 2 that don't fit. Yeah, it doesn't cost her anything to return them but the company has to recoup the costs somewhere so the clothes ultimately cost more.

Also, if your cards get compromised it just plain sucks.  Especially if you are out of town and they all get tagged.  Then there is the hassle, and if it is your Debit card your bank account might be empty for a few days until you get it fixed.

Anyone that uses their ATM card for anything other than banking transactions is a fool.

I sat in a parking lot of a well known grocery store with my kid with a wireless antenna and a laptop.  They were passing ATM card info WITH PIN's in plain text via wireless.  We had everything we need for hundreds of cards...just had to punch them out on a card machine and run around and hit them each at an ATM.

Gotta look at the bigger picture. CC theft may not cost you money directly, but it costs the card issuers and guess who they are going to pass those costs on to?

I get on my wife all the time because she orders clothes in 3 sizes and then returns at least the 2 that don't fit. Yeah, it doesn't cost her anything to return them but the company has to recoup the costs somewhere so the clothes ultimately cost more.

Just the cost of doing business. And if you think they pass the saving on to you or me when say folks like your wife change their habits your crazy. It just goes to thier bottom line. So I take advantage of those situations to like your wife does. Like I said just the cost of doing business.

• Upvote 1

Also, if your cards get compromised it just plain sucks.  Especially if you are out of town and they all get tagged.  Then there is the hassle, and if it is your Debit card your bank account might be empty for a few days until you get it fixed.

Anyone that uses their ATM card for anything other than banking transactions is a fool.

I sat in a parking lot of a well known grocery store with my kid with a wireless antenna and a laptop.  They were passing ATM card info WITH PIN's in plain text via wireless.  We had everything we need for hundreds of cards...just had to punch them out on a card machine and run around and hit them each at an ATM.

Agreed, ATM or debit cards are to be used at the bank only.

I always have at least 3 differen credit cards with me every trip. And make sure one account is my wifes.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

We had everything we need for hundreds of cards...just had to punch them out on a card machine and run around and hit them each at an ATM.

For the record, he was hired to test them, we did not actually steal any money or crap like that.

I know I'm not all that tech savvy, but why with the chip cards do you have to enter your pin? Isn't it just like everyone is forced to use the debit option? Less charges for the retailer? 

Just curious

20 minutes ago, Chrome said:

I know I'm not all that tech savvy, but why with the chip cards do you have to enter your pin? Isn't it just like everyone is forced to use the debit option? Less charges for the retailer? 

Just curious

Depends on the card company.  None of mine require the pin. It isnt about debit or charges. It is added safety, its two factor authentication. Something you have (the card) and something you know (the pin).

22 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Depends on the card company.  None of mine require the pin. It isnt about debit or charges. It is added safety, its two factor authentication. Something you have (the card) and something you know (the pin).

But if someone (your son) is in the parking lot, they can pick up all of that information correct?  Once they have it my bank account info is now theirs. 

2 minutes ago, Chrome said:

But if someone (your son) is in the parking lot, they can pick up all of that information correct?  Once they have it my bank account info is now theirs. 

So theoretically he can get the pin. But he still needs the card....he needs the physical chip which is still in your wallet.

14 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

Through interest, don't carry a balance.