No destination ride

dustinsn3485

Left the house this weekend with no destination, not a clue. I had one stop in a little city called Bell Buckle for lunch and after that, no clue. Decided I'd never been to Lynchburg, so rode thru there and past the jack Daniels distillery. It was busy.

A couple random turns and unnamed roads put me back on I 24 at 2000ft elevation in Manchester. Had lots of daylight left so headed south and finally the mountains. 64/74 out of Cleveland, TN all the way to Murphy, NC for the night.

Next day made my way back to 68 North to Tellico, then east across the Cherohala and lunch in Robbinsville then back west across 129 and finally headed home.

Great to be back on the bike first solid outing of the year...gap run  on a Sunday afternoon was terrible so many cars, cops, and cruisers . Cherohala was a clean run, it was  crisp and clear at 5300ft elevation. I really like 68, always have. 

Not bad for a 600 mile two day ride. 

• Upvote 2

Sounds like an awesome ride. We are in Manchester and Lynchburg at least once a year. There is a place called the smokehouse around Manchester, the ride up the mountain would be awesome on a bike.

Side note: You should hit Jack Daniels in October for the BBQ.