New Triple Nickel Eatery

db8max

One of the best riding roads in the state has to be the Triple Nickel, State Route 555 in Southeastern Ohio.  But one thing that has been sorely missing is a food stop along the way.  Soon we'll be able to eat what I expect to be good food at the Triple Nickel Diner in Chesterhill. They will be cooking with local produce and meats raised for them by local farmers, and they know how to cook!  There will be an open house on May 28 at 3 PM with food and music, so if you plan on riding that area then stop by to see what its all about.  Their grand opening will not be until June 18.  They plan to be open Thursdays through Sundays.  Here's the link to their web site: http://www.triplenickeldiner.com/

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Sounds like a good excuse to ride in Southeast Ohio.  The last time that I rode the triple nickel, it wasn't what it used to be. How are the road conditions?

555 is definitely not in perfect shape, but there are several goods roads going through Chesterhill.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Sounds like a good excuse to ride in Southeast Ohio.  The last time that I rode the triple nickel, it wasn't what it used to be. How are the road conditions?

Muskingum county section of 555 was paved last year.So you have new pavement from Zanesville to Portersville (37).Portersville to Ringgold (78) has older pavement,but still pretty good.Once you get to Ringgold and newly paved 78 who cares about 555...just head over to 377 if you want to get to Chesterhill.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, drc32-0 said:

Muskingum county section of 555 was paved last year.So you have new pavement from Zanesville to Portersville (37).Portersville to Ringgold (78) has older pavement,but still pretty good.Once you get to Ringgold and newly paved 78 who cares about 555...just head over to 377 if you want to get to Chesterhill.

+1 on 377, one of my favorite sections. Chesterhill to Ringgold is the section I really hope they repave this summer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

+1 on 377, one of my favorite sections. Chesterhill to Ringgold is the section I really hope they repave this summer.

You might just get your wish,or at least most of it.Some of the middle section is slated to be paved this fiscal year.I'd have to check again to see exactly where.

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 5:44 AM, Connie14 said:

Other than being winter, pretty good. Just paved the Triple Nickel in Morgan County last year.

1 minute ago, thompsonian said:

Maybe early April. we haven't had much snow down this way, but give it time to have a couple good rain showers to wash the shit off the roads. 

I agree, it might be an early spring. Just need to ditch the salt.  However we may still get creamed up here, the lake isn't going to freeze and those asshat Canadians may send a blast of dry cold air across the lake at us.