Contacts

bshultz0930

How many of you wear your contacts while riding? any tips to keep them from getting dry? i usually wear my glasses while riding simply due to the possibility of a contact giving me issues, but id rather not have to wear glasses. tips? suggestions?

When I wore contacts, i always rode with visor down, chin curtain in. My contacts didn't like the wind very well, plus I have allergies. Now, i have perfect vision without any contacts or glasses. Lasik is worth every penny...

My wife @snot has dry eye issues and she uses a gel type eye moisturizer at night, but said it blurs her vision -- so she uses a liquid moisturizer during the day.  Not sure what kind she uses, but I believe it's been fairly effective when she's riding

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

I stopped using contacts. Too much of a pain in the ass. I can see well enough during the day that I don't need them. At night, I use my glasses. 

I can't say wind was ever an issue for me, but my eyes are very wet. Doc says they're well lubricated. :dunno:

I wish i had wet eyes. between smoking and dealing with all the chemicals and shit at work, my eyes dry up with contacts easily. due to responses i might just ever forget wearing contacts while riding. both helmets i own have chin guards and my visor is always down, but my contacts will get spotty after an hour or two of riding. thought id ask! thanks for all the replies!