Masonary advise

M_Quick

On 5/13/2016 at 2:38 PM, jbot said:

seems bad enough they fucked it up the first time, might as well do slightly better than half assing the correction

Well the only correct way is to start over.  Our concrete sub had do do a similar thing before because one of his guys didnt square the one side.  When i installed the sunroom the homeowner wasnt liking the reveal.  So he dug out the yard about 6"  put some gravel down and a few pcs of rebar and filled it with concrete.  Same thing i said to do basically.   The slab my room sat on he poured has footers all the way around it.  Say its wrong all you guys want.  He is good at it.   He can pour any size slab dead nuts level with a super smooth finish.  He does work for many of the sunroom and remodel companies in cincinnati

• 3 weeks later...

Well seams i have more issues with this pad than the mason miss measuring. This thing is so uneven there is noway to put the floor kit on it for my shed. Can anyone recommend a company that will give me a written estimate to bust this pile of shit up and pout it the right size, and at least near level? 

ADSC_0054_zpstfwvifq0.jpg

ADSC_0058_zpsfrjsz0kf.jpg

ADSC_0062_zpsrseu2lgp.jpg

Holy shit man! you have had the worst luck lately! Call 614-332-2993 after 5pm...A lady named Debbie will answer, tell her Adam Bowman gave you their number for concrete work and ask if Lee is available. They will take good care of you. Text or call me if needed. 614-679-4402

• Upvote 1

Thx man! And yeah this shit looks like a doit yourself at best. Worst part is I had them attempt to do the stucco on garage too. I all ready have a estimate to redo it. I'll toss up a pic of garage abortion in a few, just for shits and giggles.

DSC_0042_zpshlljpevl.jpg

I swear to God I didn't do this shit myself. Paid $1900 for garage and $1200 for pad.This looks like those clay houses they make by hand in Africa.  

Edited by M_Quick

That pad is rough. I can see the bow in it from your picture. I used to do some construction with my dad back in the day. He would have killed me if I did work like that. Guys like this contractor used to tick my dad off to no end. They give other contractors a bad rep. Good luck with it. I hope it all comes out in the wash when it's all said and done. 

That pad is rough. I can see the bow in it from your picture.  

The bow is the least of the problems, but yeah looks like shit. And would be a eye sore forever, even after the shed was on top of it. The hump in the middle is a big issue. And the one corner is like 3 1/2" lower than the rest. This guy said he did it that way for the water to run off. Hell there won't be any water hitting it once the shed is on top of it.

1 minute ago, M_Quick said:

The bow is the least of the problems, but yeah looks like shit. And would be a eye sore forever, even after the shed was on top of it. The hump in the middle is a big issue. And the one corner is like 3 1/2" lower than the rest. This guy said he did it that way for the water to run off. Hell there won't be any water hitting it once the shed is on top of it.

That concrete guy has a lot of excuses, and very little expertise.  I've NEVER done concrete, and common logic tells me the form and screed work has to be level.  I truly hope the judge tears this guy a brand new pimply A-hole in court, and at least makes him pay for a REPUTABLE crew to fix his fuck up.

That would be nice, but from what I've read just because I win a judgment don't mean he will pay. We looked up his adress for business/home and it's a rental. Was hoping for a intrest bearing judgment lein. Maybe they can do that on his pos work truck or something else?

There's a fix, not so difficult.

With a concrete saw, and maybe a hammer and

chisel, cut the pad to fit the inside

dimensions of the shed so that the shed will sit

down over it.  Then pour a border one inch lower

to set the shed on.  Your floor will be elevated by

one inch and that will prevent water from trickling

in.  Also, the slope you didn't want will allow water

to drain off the floor in case you want to hose out

the shed.  You may want to create a

couple drainage channels under the bottom of the

shed to insure water will escape to the outside. 

I would put at least two under each wall.

Edited by JackFlash